February 18, 2018

8 Weeks Pregnancy Update


January 3, 2018

How far along:
8 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Raspberry

Total weight gain:
Had a weigh in at the Obgyn this week and was up about 4lbs from where I started. I’m surprised it’s not more because I have been eating non-stop to prevent nausea. I just checked my 8 week update with Fox and I was up only 2lbs…oops. Oh well.

Maternity Clothes?
None yet. Pants still fit, although they are getting a little tight and I wear a lot of leggings these days.

Stretch Marks?
Still too early.

Sleep?
Bad all the way around. Having to get up once to use the bathroom and can’t falls asleep at night, although I’m super exhausted. Having vivid dreams and sleeping very restless. I also feel like that I get really nauseous at night.


Best moment of the Week:
I had my 8-week check up, which was my first check up with my Obgyn. He did an ultrasound and I was able to hear the heartbeat for the very first time, which made me really emotional. He said everything looked perfect and the chances of miscarriage are very low at this point.


Movement:
Too early.

Food Cravings:
Still the same as last week: Apples, Bananas and Soup. Sometimes I crave things and the minute I eat them, I feel sick to my stomach, so I’m trying to stick with food that I know won’t make me sick, which unfortunately isn’t very much.

Belly Button in or out:
In. 

Gender:
Finding out at the end of the month. Fox is being very dramatic about the possibility of having a sister and tells us, he would scream and run out of the house. Ha! I would like to do some kind of gender reveal party, but I’m feeling so crappy, that I’m barely surviving these days, so no time for planning a party.

Symptoms:
Still in very bad shape. Threw up a couple of times and even had to take sick days from work. Most days, I just lay on the couch, waiting for time to pass. I’ve never felt worse in my life and would do anything for it to stop. I feel very sad and depressed about feeling this crappy for such a long time and I know I have a lot longer to go. I mostly feel sad about Fox and having to tell him no when he wants to play with me. I’ve had lots of painful cramps lately too.

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Feeling sick 24/7. It gets worse if I don’t eat every 2 hours. Most foods add to the nausea, so I’m running out of options on what to eat.

Have you Started to Show yet?
Got a tiny belly, but it’s probably more bloating and food than anything else. It feels very hard too.

What I miss:
Functioning like myself. I don’t like this zombie state I’m in, at all!

What I'm looking forward to:
Bedtime every night. Although I don’t sleep well, it’s the only time, I’m semi okay.

What I'm not looking forward to:
More sickness. I’m telling everyone to remind me of this shit if I ever mention wanting to have more kids again.

You can find Fox’s 8 weeks pregnancy update HERE!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that first picture is the absolute best! I feel like your belly is beginning to make it's appearance. Isn't it crazy how much more quickly baby belly shows the second time around?! You look great and just so happy! So, are you 8 weeks at this point, or are these updates that you wrote earlier and are just sharing now? I don't know why, but I thought you were 12 weeks when you announced. I could be totally making that up though, lol! Looking forward to more updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might look happy, but deep inside I feel like crap...haha!
      I'm totally backtracking, I'm almost 15 weeks at this point, but wrote these updates as they were happening, so I can look back one day. So this was at the beginning of January (I always put the dates on top).

      Delete
    2. I realized after commenting that the date was up top... #duh ;)
      I hope you get to feeling better soon!

      Delete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!