February 25, 2018

12 Weeks Pregnancy Update

January 31, 2018
How far along:
12 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Plum! Feels so big already!

Total weight gain:
Only gained 0.4lbs this week, still at about 8lbs total.

Maternity Clothes?
None yet. Good thing I have a lot of leggings. I’m super excited about busting out the maternity clothes though, because my friends gave me so many and they’re super cute!

Stretch Marks?
Started using stretchmark cream this week!

Sleep?
Pretty much the same. Vivid dreams, bathroom breaks and having a hard time falling and staying asleep. One day this week I woke up and my upper thigh hurt like crazy. It felt like a sore muscle and for the next few days, it was bothering me, but it was okay. Then all of the sudden, one afternoon, I couldn’t walk on it anymore and started limping. That night, I was in more pain than ever before, it was horrible. I went to the doctor the next morning who sent me straight to get an ultrasound to check for blood clots, but luckily, none were found. I had one more horrendous night and then it was gone. So weird.

Best moment of the Week:
I had my 12 week check up and was able to see our sweet baby dancing around. That kid was crazy, bouncing up and down and super wild. The doctor asked me what I had for breakfast (because the baby looked like it had a sugar high), but I only had a plain bagel. I can’t wait to see if it will be as crazy when it is here…we are in for a wild ride for sure!

Movement:
Sometimes I feel things going on in there, but I never know if it’s the baby or gas or something else.

Food Cravings:
Tacos all the way! I’ve been able to go a little longer between meals, so hopefully that’s a sign that the nausea will ease up soon.

Belly Button in or out:
In. 

Gender:
At exactly 12 weeks, we found out the gender! Eeks! The doctor gave me the envelope and told me all the genetics looked normal (yay!), so I was driving around with that envelope all day long and it was so hard not to peek. That night, we did a gender reveal with me, Katie and Fox and our photographer was there to document it. You’ll have to wait for the reveal post to find out!

Symptoms:
A little bit of pregnancy acne, but luckily much less than I had it with Fox. Nausea, especially at night, along with headaches and cramps. The doctor said, it’s a good sign that I’m having headaches, because it means my hormones are leveling out now and the nausea should ease up. It was so bad the other night, that I threw up. I searched the house for some Tylenol, but we only had children’s Tylenol, so I took some of that and it helped. The doctor said Tylenol is completely fine, but I’m trying not to take it too often. Still exhausted beyond belief.

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Driving, laying down at night, not eating.

Have you Started to Show yet?
Katie sometimes comments how big my belly is, but it still looks like a food belly, not a pregnancy belly yet.

What I miss:
Lots of things. This experience has been miserable so far. I always wanted three children, but Katie’s compromise was two. I had a hard time finding peace with this in the past, but I think this pregnancy is God’s way of showing me, that I’m truly done after this. My body does not handle pregnancy well.

What I'm looking forward to:
Announcing our pregnancy to the rest of the world!

What I'm not looking forward to:
We are going to Disneyland this weekend, and I’m not sure how I will do there, but I’m a little scared. I’m probably the only person in the world who is NOT looking forward to Disneyland…haha!

You can find Fox’s 12 weeks pregnancy update HERE!

4 comments:

  1. We are done too, the second pregnancy was awful while having to look after a toddler and I almost died in labor. Plus he is such an unhappy and difficult baby I don't think I could do this again. (maybe if we win the lottery and can afford a nanny *haha*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that! How scary! I totally appreciate your honesty though! Hope he's being a little bit easier for you soon!

      Delete
    2. Just realised that it probably wasn't the right thing to mention to someone currently pregnant. So sorry.

      Delete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!