February 28, 2018

14 Weeks Pregnancy Update


February 14, 2018

How far along:
14 weeks – Second Trimester!

Baby is the size of a:
Lemon. We have some lemons in the office and their sizes range a lot, so how accurate is this? Haha. Either way, even the smallest lemon looks huge to me. Baby weighs 1.5oz.

Total weight gain:
Lost half a pound over the last week…still up about 10lbs though.

Maternity Clothes?
I’ve been enjoying a brand new wardrobe this week! I’ve been thinking about how easy second pregnancies are logistic wise, because you already have everything you need…from maternity clothes and pregnancy pillows to everything you could possibly need for a baby. I’ve started a list of things we need to buy/register for and it’s pretty small, so that’s a win! Although, I also feel like second pregnancies are way less exciting than first ones. I would get so excited about every little baby item back then and now it’s more of a “been there, done that” attitude. Normal?

Stretch Marks?
Probably still too early.

Sleep?
Still miserable between falling asleep, bathroom breaks and being uncomfortable. Trying to be in bed by 9pm each night, but it all depends on my work load.

Best moment of the Week:
My energy is getting a little better, so spending some more play time with Fox and taking him places has been good for me this week. He is such a trooper through all my sickness and exhaustion and still sweet as can be. He tells his classmates all the time to be careful with my belly because there is a baby in there and when a commercial comes on with a baby in it, he will say: “Aww…look Mama, a baby” and cuddles up to me.

Movement:
None.

Food Cravings:
Nothing new this week. Although I craved Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream so bad that I made Katie get me some and when I had it, it made me feel sick, so there’s that. Still eating the same stuff every day for breakfast and lunch: Cereal, Bagels, Apples and Bananas, Chicken Noodle Soup, Sandwiches…kind of getting tired of it, but nothing ever sounds good.

Belly Button in or out:
In. 

Gender:
We know what we are having and have had a name picked out for years. Although, we are both a little sad, because we REALLY loved the other gender’s name that we picked and that we will never be able to use it now.

Symptoms:
Here we are, the glorified second trimester. So where’s my relief? Not that I was expecting to feel better overnight, but I’m ready for some change. Woke up super sick again this morning too. I actually had a mini meltdown this week, I was so sick of being sick and tired and just lost it. Hoping for three more weeks like I had it with Fox and be done with it.

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Car Rides and not eating. Laying down at night is the worst, for some reason I get really bad in the afternoons and then continue to go downhill until bedtime.

Have you Started to Show yet?
Waiting for the first stranger to ask me if I’m pregnant.

What I miss:
Oh…you know: Having energy, feeling healthy, food that sounds good, sleeping through the night.

What I'm looking forward to:
Bedtime.

What I'm not looking forward to:
The next few weeks. Also, Katie is going out of town in March for almost three weeks, and as of now, I have no idea, how I will survive this. I’m a whiner, I know.

You can find Fox’s 14 weeks pregnancy update HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Could Fox be any sweeter of a future big brother?! I think not.

    Hang in there in March, you've got this, and FYI whining is totally allowed 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!