February 14, 2018

6 Weeks Pregnancy Update

December 20, 2017

How far along:
6 weeks

Baby is the size of a:
Lentil

Total weight gain:
1.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes?
No change in clothes yet.

Stretch Marks?
Still too early

Sleep?
Hit and Miss. I’m so tired during the day and then can’t fall asleep at night. Or I have to get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night and then can’t fall back asleep. 


Best moment of the Week:
We had our first ultrasound this week and everything looked right on track. We even saw the heartbeat (which was 100 and according to our doctor, totally normal). I was so nervous for this ultrasound and so relieved to find out, that there was actually a baby in there. Sounds silly, but I see a lot of sad news in the IVF groups I’m in. 
We also told a bunch of family members and friends our good news, which was very exciting. We told Fox that he’ll be a big brother and he hasn’t stopped talking about it ever since. He tells me that he can’t wait for the baby to come out of my belly and yesterday when I picked him up from school, he told his teacher: “Guess what? There’s a baby in Mama’s belly!” I couldn’t help but laugh, I wasn’t ready to share the news, but I guess I don’t have to, because Fox will tell everyone he sees. It’s so cute. 


Movement:
Too early.

Food Cravings:
None. 

Belly Button in or out:
In. 

Gender:
Fox really wants a baby brother (see picture below) and while Katie and I would like to have a little girl, we still think it’ll be a boy. As long as he/she is healthy, nothing else matters. 


Symptoms:
This week was already rough for me. I thought I had another week until I would start to feel crappy, but this baby had other plans. It started out with extreme fatigue, I would literally fall asleep in the middle of the day and could not keep my eyes open. I’ve been trying to stay busy, because the minute I sit down, it hits me and there’s no turning back. Which is hard when you have two jobs and a three year old that keep you busy. 
I’ve been also feeling a little queasy here and there, but it really hit me this morning, when I threw up for the first time. I had a little bit of hope that this pregnancy would be easier than last, but it looks like I’ll be in for the same experience. 

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
The alcohol wipes that I use to clean my glasses make me nauseous every time. 

Have you Started to Show yet?
I wish!

What I miss:
Having Energy!

What I'm looking forward to:
Telling the rest of the family in a few days! We are having a big family photo shoot scheduled for Katie’s mom and when the photographer poses us for the last group shot, she will say: “Everyone say…Nadine is pregnant!” and then capture the reactions. I can’t wait and hope it’ll go according to plan…maybe Fox will announce it to everyone beforehand…ha! 
I’m also looking forward to celebrating Christmas this weekend, it’s kind of weird to think that this will be Fox’s last Christmas as an only child (although I already thought that last year…ha!). I can’t wait to see his face on Christmas morning!

What I'm not looking forward to:
More morning sickness and fatigue. 

You can find Fox’s 6 weeks pregnancy update HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!