February 23, 2018

Disneyland

A few weeks ago the three (four) of us had a fun weekend at Disneyland. As I mentioned before, we were supposed to go for New Year's with the rest of the family, but we were all so sick, that we canceled the trip. We were bummed that the rest of the family couldn't join us, but it was a perfect weekend. 
I thought that I couldn't ride many rides, being pregnant and all, but I could ride almost every single thing that Fox wanted to do, which was so awesome! Not these bumper cars though!

He has been so sweet and cuddly lately, we both love it and enjoy it while it lasts!

Fox is usually not able to eat much that doesn't come from our house, because it's hard to tell ingredients on ready to go food items and with his allergies, we usually never risk it. This cotton candy was safe for him though and it was his first ever cotton candy. Can you tell that he was excited? He took one bite and told us he didn't like it...go figure! Ha!

Best $20 I ever spent, this bubble blower was a hit all weekend long. 

It was a really relaxing weekend overall, we didn't stress about having to ride every single ride, we slept in every day and took our time getting to the park and just followed Fox's lead. The weather was so perfect too!

I was really surprised that Fox was scared or nervous of a lot of rides. He hated "Soarin'" and literally jumped in his seat a few times, he didn't want to do the Haunted Mansion (he loved it when he was 2 years old) this time and even the Ariel ride made him super nervous. He did do the Cars ride for the very first time with Katie though (which is my favorite!) and loved it. 


We had planned to stay until after the Disney Show (World of Color) which was at 9pm, but we could tell that Fox started to get tired around 7pm, so we headed back to our hotel to get a good night's sleep.

Another day, another special Disney treat. This was their famous dole whip, which is basically pineapple sorbet, and lucky for us, also egg and dairy free. Fox was stoked!
He loved it so much, that we got it both days and he even ate my leftovers. When in Rome...right?

In honor of Grandma, we rode "Small World" which is her all time favorite ride. Fox will tell you that it was boring, but we both think he secretly enjoyed it. He kept pointing at the characters and was totally engaged.

Another ride I wasn't able to do. I wasn't too sad, because Katie said that Fox was a crazy driver.


I've never noticed this old time fire station before and Fox had fun checking it out.

He was so proud of his hat!
For this trip, we stayed in a hotel offsite. While they had a shuttle, it took us probably an hour to home each night, so we definitely like staying at the Disneyland hotels better, where we can just walk to every night. 

I did much better at Disneyland than anticipated. 
I was super tired each night, but luckily, Fox was too, so I got to go to bed at a decent hour every night!
My nausea wasn't too bad until the very last day when we left and while some of the rides made me a little sick, I wanted to participate for Fox and have a fun weekend with him...who knows if this was our last trip as a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!