November 06, 2020

Mortimer Farms

It's finally here...Pumpkin Patch season! I was so worried that pumpkin patches wouldn't be open this year,  and as soon as the first one opened mid September, we headed over for some outdoor fun. This particular farm is about 1.5 hours north from us, which helped with the heat, but it was still very hot. 

Finn's first pony ride and it was his favorite part. He still rememberes his pony's name (Muppet) and didn't want to get off when his turn was done. Personally, I really dislike those pony rides because I feel bad for the ponies, but both of my kids begged to do it and how can you say no to this face?






Fox loves mining for crystals, he even has a rock and crystal collection at home.


Even though he had socks on, this jumping pad was way too hot, so this was short lived. 


I don't know what it is with Fox and chickens, but ever since we went to this particular farm a few months ago, he loves them.

He asked me if we could have chickens at home...that was a big fat no.



This is his "cheese" face.


We tried to escape the heat in the corn field for a while. 



Fox said: Mama, take a picture of me like this!



We walked through this entire pumpkin patch, thinking there would be a hay ride station at the other end to pick us up. Little did we know that we had to walk all the way back. 



They just built this new ropes course for the kids and it was really fun, even Finn did part of it. 



Riding the train all by himself for the very first time. He looked like such a big kid to me.




Fox picked out a bunch of pumpkins for us to take home and he did a great job.






Look how dirty he is!







It was a fun day, and we were all exhausted when we got home. Can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!