May 06, 2019

Finn | 8 Month Update


Weight:
17lbs 4oz.

Height:
27 inches

Health:
Little Dude had his first ear infection this month, it was so sad! He did love the antibiotics though, I was worried that it would be a fight to get it into him twice a day for ten days, but he liked it so much that he would get mad when it was all gone.


Nicknames:
Finny, Finnegan, Bubbas, Handsome, Beef, Big Beef, Honey, Big Boy

Eating:
Still breastfeeding every 3 hours during the day and more sporadic at night. I feel like he has become somewhat opinionated when it comes to real food and I can't figure out for sure what he loves, but I'll keep offering new foods. 


Sleeping:
He wakes up anywhere between 6:30-7am usually and goes to bed between 7-7:30pm. He is now down to two naps a day, which last between 30 minutes and 2 hours, depending on where the nap takes place. If we're home, he'll sleep great in his crib, but some naps are just in the car on the way to school. 
I want to say that nights have become a little better. He recently started sleeping on his side and him being able to roll himself from one side to the other has helped tremendously.


Diapers:
Using up the last of our size 2 diapers. I have transitioned him to size 3 during the night already though, because he started to leak through overnight.

Clothing:
6 Month Clothes and some 9 Month Clothes

Social:
Separation Anxiety is a real thing! The moment I leave his sight, he will cry. He will still go to other people for a limited amount of time until he reaches his arms out to get back to me. 
He's very cuddly and loves being held!


Likes:
Bath time, being carried, nursing, his big brother, bouncer, singing, music class, smiling, getting attention, the song "Let's sing hello together", dancing, chewing on anything he can get his hands on, standing and walking (while we hold him), kisses, swinging, our dog, pulling my hair, biting me, my water bottle, food, big kid toys, being in the Ergo, sharing my Granola bar with me, sleeping on his side, taking pictures (maybe I'm making this one up, but I swear he always gets the biggest smile when I have my big camera out), Music Class

Dislikes:
Tummy Time, not getting constant attention

Mama:
Being home with him full-time is truly a wish come true for me and I enjoy every minute. I hate when people comment how big he is getting, because I just want him to stay little forever. He's such a good baby and makes me want to have many more. I'm really struggling with the thought of him being my last. While I know for sure that I don't want to be pregnant again, I'm hoping to have another baby in the future, one way or another. Although I'm not getting any younger and time is definitely ticking. I can't part with any of his outgrown stuff and I will keep it for a while - "just in case". I'm just not emotionally ready to close this chapter of my life right now.


Fox:
Still such a great big brother! I never pictured him being this crazy about a baby and it makes my heart melt to see them together. 

Fun things we did:
I can't think of anything special we did, besides having lots of playdates with friends and music class.


2 comments:

  1. what about Finns other mother? what happened to her monthly update?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finn is a cutie! love his outfits!!

      Delete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!