May 30, 2019

Finn | 9 Month Update


Weight:
17lbs 3oz. (11%)

Height:
27.5 inches (17%)

Health:
Luckily he was healthy all month long!


Nicknames:
Finny, Finnegan, Bubbas, Handsome, Beef, Big Beef, Honey, Big Boy

Eating:
He's breastfeeding every 3-4 hours during the day and more sporadic at night. I'm so glad I don't have to pump like I had to do with Fox, I hated pumping. The bad part about that is though, that he won't take any bottles, so I can't be away from him for more than 4 hours. I'm glad we made it as far as we did and I'm hoping to breastfeed him until a year. 
He's still somewhat picky when it comes to regular food, he's a huge fan of carbs...wonder where he got that from (me)!


Sleeping:
This month he slept through the night five times in a row. The first night I was shocked when I woke up at 4am and realized he hasn't woken up. After the 5th night, I thought "this is it, now he's sleeping through the night", but of course he was up again the 6th night and every night after that. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. I really don't mind getting up with him in the middle of the night. A lot of people (well, let's say an older generation) is telling me that it's not normal that he still wakes up, but you know what? I don't care. Keep your opinions to yourself, because I promise, one day he will sleep through the night and if you don't have to get up with him, then why is it your concern that he's still waking up and that I won't let him cry it out? Okay, rant over!
Bedtime is still 7pm and up for the day anytime between 6-7am. He will usually take one good nap per day and then another cat nap.


Diapers:
Size 3

Clothing:
Mostly 9 Month Clothes

Social:
He loves to talk and has a lot to say. He's mischievous and loves to bite me in the shoulder and then laugh when I tell him no and does it again right away. He sure loves his Mama and cries every time he's with Katie and I leave the room. He's still cuddly and I love every single minute I get with him.


Likes:
Bath time, being carried, nursing, his big brother, singing, music class, smiling, getting attention, the song "I am here" by Pink (seriously...whenever I tell "Alexa" to play it, he knows what's coming and he starts to get so excited), dancing, chewing on anything he can get his hands on, standing and walking (while we hold him), kisses, swinging, our dog, pulling my hair, necklaces, biting me, my water bottle, big kid toys, being in the Ergo, sharing my Granola bar with me, sleeping on his side, taking pictures (maybe I'm making this one up, but I swear he always gets the biggest smile when I have my big camera out), playing with drawer handles

Dislikes:
Tummy Time, not getting constant attention, diaper changes

Mama:
I love this kid so much and I hate that he's growing so quickly. That's all.


Fox:
He can get jealous when we give Finn too much attention, but overall he's just the best brother ever. Now that Finn is a little older, they kind of get to play together and I love seeing them make each other laugh.

Fun things we did:
We celebrated Finn's first Easter, had playdates, went to music class and went to the circus.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nadine,

    Es ist mehr als normal das Kinder in dem Alter nachts noch wach werden. Also alles richtig gemacht. Das schreien lassen führt nur dazu dass die Kinder kein Urvertrauen aufbauen weil kommt ja keiner wenn ich weine. Die hören nur damit auf weil sie lernen dass es sinnlos ist und bleiben mit ihren Ängsten alleine. Furchtbar wer sich das ausgedacht hat. Aber Hauptsache sie schlafen durch....Liebe Grüsse aus Asperden
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!