July 03, 2022

Fox's 8th Birthday

EIGHT! Doesn't that seem SO OLD? I can't believe I almost have a third grader, but here we are.
Fox didn't decide for a long time what he wanted to do for his birthday, but finally decided on a Minecraft pool party/sleepover at our house. He only had one sleepover with one friend at our house in the past, and never at someone else's house, and while I was very nervous about being in charge of eight kids for an entire day and night, how can I say "no" to his birthday wish?

He didn't have a party for several years, last year he decided to go to the Great Wolf Lodge with his best friend for his birthday, and the year before was COVID and we had a drive by parade. I was excited to be able to craft for his party again, and he was so appreciative about everything I made, which made me so happy.








Party favor books. I always try to stay away from little trinkets that go in the trash right away, and I think all of his friends loved the books.

This took me way more time than I'd like to admit, but he loved it, and that's all that counts.


Grandma was supposed to make him a very special cake, but she had surgery a few days before his birthday so he settled on cupcakes. One thing I love about Fox is that he is very good about disappointments and going with the flow when plans change.

I tried to have some themed snacks, honestly I have no knowledge about anything that involves Minecraft, but Fox knew what all of these were and really loved them.




He also made sure to let me know that I labeled these two wrong...oops!

Eight year olds are gross...that's all I have to say.










The treasure hunt was a big hit, especially with Finn. He already told me he wants one for his birthday as well.

Fox wanted to have some time with all of his friends to play Minecraft during his party, and I've never seen so many boys more quiet. 

We had Costco pizza for dinner (his favorite), and then watched a movie outside. 

Another Minecraft session before bed.
Two of my friends stayed until about 10pm, and then it was all me. It got a little crazy trying to get them all to sleep, but they finally settled down at 1am, and then were up at 7 again for more swimming. 
I think he'll remember this party for a long time, and I'm so happy that he had so much fun with his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!