July 15, 2022

Roadtrip!

The boys and I conquered our first big road trip this summer! The longest I ever drove with them was six hours, so when we decided to visit our half siblings in Salt Lake City, I was really nervous about going on this 9.5hr car ride with them by myself.
Bribery was the key...I bought lots and lots of snacks and candy!

All loaded up and ready to go! We were driving for about an hour, when Finn had already asked me seven times how much longer. He had read all of his new books I got him, ate snacks, and watched a show on his iPad. Oh boy!

We quickly made it to the border. I tried to snap a picture, but it was ridiculously bright and hot, so this is the best I got. I planned to stop for lunch to get out of the car for a bit, but neither of the boys wanted to stop, so besides a few bathroom breaks, we drove straight through and made it to Salt Lake City in about ten hours.

We were so excited to see our half siblings and their sweet Mama again after three years. Fox and Tucker immediately started to play video games together. 

Finn loved playing with all their toys and Fox loved the fact that they had a three story home, it's his ultimate dream to have a multi story house. 


My biggest worry about this trip was whether or not the kids would get along, and I couldn't have been happier to see them all play together.

They are wearing a Harry Potter time travel locket together. I think these two look the most alike out of all of the half siblings we know.

Tucker was not impressed by the scorpion lollipop we brought him from Arizona...haha.

Quinn was so sweet with Finn, they played all day long.

On our first day there, Candice took us to Bridal Vail falls, and it was by far my most favorite day of the entire trip.

In the beginning Finn was a little scared about climbing up the rocks to the waterfall, but in the end he absolutely loved it.



Fox is usually my brave kid, but he probably mentioned ten times how he was worried that we would die there. 




He was living his best life, and frankly, so did I.












That night, we walked to a nearby park where the kids had a lot of fun as well.







We have no idea where this random bunny came from or if it belonged to someone.



They played their hearts out until the sun went down and they were all drenched.

Fox loved teaching Tucker about Minecraft. I apologized to Candice in advance for introducing him to it.

The next day we went to a local water park.






The Salt flats was something I always wanted to see. It was a four hour round trip there, and Fox will tell you that it was so boring there, but I loved seeing it.








On our final day we went to an amusement park.



They were such good buddies the entire trip.


They also had a water park inside the amusement park, which Finn hated because it was so crowded and overstimulating. I took him back to the main park, while Candice was nice enough to watch all the big kids in the water park.

The boys and I took a little gondola ride over the park, while Candice and her kids went on a big rollercoaster.

This picture cracks me up. Fox and Quinn on the rollercoaster, they rode it a few times and couldn't get enough.



Fox really wanted to win a big stuffed animal, but he had to hang there for 2 minutes to get it. I think he made it 40 seconds and won a Gatorade instead.

I loved spending time with our half siblings, I loved seeing the kids play together and have so much fun, I loved spending time with Candice, and I loved the memories we made. Hopefully it won't be another three years until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!