July 18, 2022

Roadtrip Part Two

Our original plan was to drive to Long Beach after we visited our half siblings in Utah. We love Grandma's beach house and had been waiting and talking about it since fall break last year. Unfortunately we received some very sad news only a week before our departure. Grandma had decided to sell her beach house, so we weren't able to come. I probably changed our plans on what to do five times, before ultimately settling on what made the most sense, logistically and financially. 

I decided to divide the trip home into several segments so the boys didn't have to be in the car for such a long time. Our first stop was Las Vegas where we stayed two nights, neither of the boys had ever been.

We didn't have any big plans, so we just walked the strip a little, played at an arcade and spent some time at the hotel pool.

Funny enough, when I ask both kids what their favorite part about our ENTIRE trip was, they will both say Las Vegas. Don't ask me why.

We continued on our way home and stopped for another three nights in Flagstaff, Arizona, to enjoy some cooler temperatures. We visited the new coaster park that also offered summer tubing. Finn was too little for the tubing, but Fox did it once.

The mountain coaster was a lot of fun, but it was one of those situations where I hated being a single mom, because I could only take one kid at a time on the coaster, and Fox was too small to ride it himself. I didn't want to disappoint Fox once again, so I decided to do something I had never done before. I left Finn with the workers while Fox and I rode the coaster and then we switched. It was only 10 minutes, but I was so nervous, because he doesn't do well without me and I also didn't want the workers to have the responsibility of a crying child there. In the end, it worked out fine and Finn just sat on the floor and watched a show on my phone while Fox and I were gone. 

I had rented a tiny house for us, and we all fell in love. 

The loft was so cute, this is where Fox slept.


I'd love to own one of these in Flagstaff!

We soaked in the cooler temperatures at night.




Sweet brothers!

I read a little bit through their guestbook and this entry made me laugh!

The next day, our friends Kristy and Jake joined us for a few nights and we all went to Bearizona.

The tiny house slept six, and even though we were two adults and three kids, it never felt crammed.

On our last day in Flagstaff, we took the big kids to my favorite place: the outdoor ropes course. They were only old enough to do the kids course, but they both had a lot of fun, and I can't wait to take Fox to the big course when he is 12!








The kids made some stone soup. Fox and Jake used to do this when they were two, and I would've bet everything I have that he is "too cool" for this activity, but they ended up doing this for a good hour. 


11 days, 2043 miles, and hundreds of amazing memories later. I was so nervous about taking the boys on this road trip by myself, but I’m so glad I did. My body sure was tired, but my heart was full!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!