July 06, 2022

Camping

The boys and I always look forward to our annual camping trip with our friends. We packed the car to the brim and were ready to go!

This campsite was located on a farm and even had a pond with paddle boats. The kids loved being so independent and paddling all by themselves.



The parents were supervising...I was a little jealous of them being able to just sit there and relax, when I on the other hand had to follow Finn everywhere he went for three straight days, it was exhausting. Maybe next year he will be a little more independent and go off playing with the other kids more.




One of my favorite things during camping is watching the kids go off explore and find games to play with their friends without needing toys or asking for their iPads. 


Finn played some corn hole with Mia for about six minutes, so it had to be documented...ha. 





Feeding the deer some grass.





Making s'mores is probably the highlight for every kid each night.











All the kids had gone to bed, besides Fox and Aria. He was talking to her about Minecraft for about 45 minutes straight and I wasn't sure if she enjoyed this conversation as much as he did, but her mom told me later that she loved it.



On the second day we ventured out a little bit and visited a creek nearby, because the kids wanted to go catch crawdads. 









The boys and I went exploring by ourselves for a little bit, and it was probably one of my favorite moments during the entire trip.






The boys were spying on some of the girls in the tent.



One of the moms had organized a scavenger hunt and Finn was in heaven.






This was the first time we camped for three nights and I thought it was just the right amount of time. It was super exhausting for me due to Finn being so clingy to me lately, but I know as the years pass, it will get easier. And even though I was beat afterwards, it was all worth it and we all had an absolute blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!