July 08, 2017

Rene' & Patrick's Wedding

The wedding was held at Château de Chenonceau, about 2.5 hours from where we were staying. The entire wedding party made their way there in the afternoon, in two large vans and a car. We drove in the car with another couple, because they volunteered to leave early with us, in case Fox couldn't make it. 

It was the hottest day so far and really humid, so we didn't put Fox in his suit. We thought we were going to change him right before the ceremony, but obviously there was no air conditioning in the castle and everyone was dripping sweat, so we left him in his shorts and t-shirt.
We had about thirty minutes to explore the castle before the ceremony and it was incredible.

The ceremony was being held in the castle's chapel, which was super tiny (and hot), but somehow we all crammed in there.

It was a beautiful ceremony! I guess Fox didn't think so, because during the vows, he let out a huge sigh and said super loud "This is taking forever!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that one!

Afterwards there was a formal tour of the castle for all of the guests, while the bride and groom were taking their pictures, but Fox and I stayed back because it was just so miserably hot.

We walked to the reception area, which was held right next to the castle.

Before dinner, the photographer took a bunch of family pictures. We didn't get them back yet, but one of our friends took some pictures with my camera as well (which is why no one is looking at the camera).

All of the kids

I took Fox to the gardens to let out some energy before we had to sit down for a long dinner and he had so much fun!

Love this kid!

I didn't take any pictures during the reception. It was held in a beautiful hall and there was a string quartet playing. The food wasn't my cup of tea and there were like eight courses. One thing that I thought was odd was that after the main dish, they would serve a salad. Must be a french thing?
Fox was so good though, he played happily at the table with some knights and horses we got him at the gift shop for hours.
We stayed until midnight, and they still hadn't made it to dessert, but we still had a 2.5 hour drive ahead of us and were flying out the next day, so it was time to go.

It was such a beautiful wedding and we couldn't be happier to have Patrick and his kids officially be part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!