June 04, 2019

My Girls

There are so many words to describe these ladies. Beautiful, caring, strong, kind, smart, encouraging, badass, funny and loving are just a few of them. I am so incredibly blessed to have them in my life. They have seen me at my best and they have seen me at my worst and they have loved me through every single moment. They have been there for me when I needed them most and their friendship means the world to me.

When I started to re-decorate the house a few months ago, I realized that I have a million pictures that needed to be replaced with new, happier memories. And while my walls are plastered with pictures of my beautiful boys, I knew I also wanted some pictures of the ladies who helped me get through this last awful year. 

I seriously don't know what I would've done without them. They have checked in with me every single day to make sure I was okay, they showed up unannounced with food and hugs, they have taken care of my children, they have made inappropriate jokes when I needed to laugh, they have distracted me, they have loved on me and my kids, they invited us to their houses during holidays and they showed up in so many more ways for me. 

So for my birthday, I knew I wanted to give myself the gift of some professionals pictures with my best girls. I felt a little weird asking them for this, but they were all super excited and happy to be part of my birthday celebration and the pictures. We started planning this back in February in order to ensure that everyone could make it, but unfortunately, we were still missing a few people that were on vacation or sick. 


We had such a great time during the photoshoot and our photographer was amazing. My heart was just so happy on that day.



The pictures came out so much better than I could've ever imagined. I really truly love them and I can't wait to hang them all over my house to remind me that I'm not alone, that I'm surrounded with lots of beautiful women, inside and out, that support and love me. 




After the pictures we all had dinner and drinks together and it was just a beautiful celebration of friendship with lots of laughter! 
I love these ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Was für eine tolle Idee! Und was für tolle Fotos! Und nachträglich alles Gute zum Geburtstag! Liebe Grüße Petra

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!