June 08, 2019

Fox's 5th Birthday

The Night before Fox's Birthday always feels a little bit like the Night before Christmas. I wait for him to go to sleep and then rush around trying to get everything done to make his morning special. 

I was planning to get a big Number 5 balloon and a bunch of smaller helium balloons, but apparently the entire city had been out of helium for weeks and every party store I tried had no helium...so weird! 

Putting the balloons on his door took way longer than I would like to admit, but his face in the morning was definitely worth it.


He was super excited when he woke up! He couldn't wait to turn five, mainly because I told him he'll probably lose his first tooth when he is five and he has been asking me every day since when he will lose his teeth.

Anything goes on your birthday, right? So a cupcake for breakfast it was!

He's so funny with that hat. I remember him loving it last year and this year was no difference. He even wore it all the way to school and into his classroom to show everyone.

That day was also his pre-k graduation. It ended around 11am, so I told Fox we could do whatever he wanted that day, that it was his day, and he chose to go to the aquarium and ride these bumper boats.

This was a tunnel that moved around the bridge he was standing on. The bridge didn't move at all, but he thought it did and it was so funny to watch him lose his balance in there, even though he was not moving.


After the aquarium he rode this train before we headed to our next stop.

Grandma Rene' had given him some graduation money, so he wanted to go to Target to pick out a toy and this is what he chose. (And yes, I know my kid needs a haircut...lol)

After Katie got off work, we took him to In n Out (his favorite) and then opened his gifts at our house. We got him some games, some lego sets, books and Osmo (look it up, it's an amazing learning game for the iPad and he loves it).
He had the best day, but the next day was a hard adjustment for him, because it was my birthday and I told him it was my day now. So after eating cupcakes for breakfast on his day and doing whatever he wanted, this five year old had a hard time understanding that the same rules didn't apply the next day...haha!

1 comment:

  1. How is it possible that Fox is already 5! I honestly feel like you were just pregnant with him, not so long ago! It looks like he had a great birthday and good job blogging about it before he turned 6, hehe! It took me almost 7 weeks to post about Will's 2nd birthday... I'm a slacker!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!