August 16, 2021

Staycation

Fox's best friend Jake invited us to join him for his birthday celebration at the Princess Resort. We had done the same thing exactly two years ago, and the boys had also celebrated Fox's birthday at the Great Wolf Lodge this year together. Mr. Finn was lucky enough to be invited as well, although he only stayed for three hours at the pool and then Katie picked him up, so the big kids could have their special time together.


Needless to say, he had so much fun there and was really sad to be leaving early.



After the pool, the boys wanted to go back to the room because Jake wanted to show Fox how to play Minecraft.

We ordered some pizza and had cupcakes on the balcony.

Neither of them wanted to leave the room, but we dragged them out to experience some of the fun activities the hotel had set up.


Fox is always exploring, always pushing the limits, and has no fear whatsoever. More on that later...


There was a small area 51 set up for the kids, with rides, laser tag, a maze, and random aliens walking around.

We watched a movie by the pool, or in Fox's case, in the pool, followed by fireworks. What I want to say is how beautiful it was, how relaxing to just be there with my big kid, and how fun. What really happened was that Fox promised me to stay at the front of the pool where I can see him, but then disappeared quickly in the crowd. It was dark, people were drinking in the pool, and it was very loud because the movie was playing. I had no idea where he went, I didn't wear my bathing suit, and even though he can swim, I was worried about either someone taking him, or him drowning. Long story short, I went into the pool with my clothes on, he was very oblivious why I was mad, and I was upset for the rest of the night about my poor parenting decision to let him go into the pool in the first place. How is that for some real talk?

The boys closed down the pool around 10:15pm that night, and we went back into the room to watch a movie (well, I passed out within 3 minutes).
They had a really fun time, and I'm so happy they have been such good friends for the last 7 years. I on the other hand needed a vacation after this staycation...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!