August 24, 2021

Finn's Third Birthday

And just like that, my baby is three! While the last three years flew by, so much has happened and it's hard for me to remember a time when our family looked different. 


Fox and I decorated the house after Finn went to bed.

My big THREE year old!

We opened some presents and he was so excited about everything he got.


Fox may have been excited about this marble run (that I scored on Facebook marketplace) as well. 

A few months ago Katie told me that she had talked to Finn about his birthday party and that he wanted a poop party. Which was kind of funny, but also not very surprising, because Fox and him love to talk about poop and farts. Is this a boy thing?

And whatever you want on your birthday, you get...so a poop party it was! I made all of us, including Katie and Christina, shirts, that said Party Pooper and then our name.

Finn loved the shirts, but it took quite some convincing to get Fox to wear the shirt. I told him that I would really appreciate if he wore it for Finn's party, but that he wouldn't have to wear party shirts in the future, if he decided not to. I love matching family shirts, but I knew my time to get away with this, was going to be limited. 




We held his party at the Little Gym, the same place we also held Fox's 4th birthday party. 










We only invited a few friends that Finn knew from playdates, plus their siblings. A lot of our friends weren't able to come because they were out of town, but I'm glad we kept it kind of small because Finn gets really shy when there are too many people around, and I could quickly tell that he didn't like being the center of attention.






Grandma and Great- Grandma




Aunt Ashlie and Cousin Beckett!





















Fox was very happy to have his bestie join as well.











After cupcakes, he immediately asked to go home. I think he had fun, but he reminded me a lot of Fox during his second birthday party, just being really overwhelmed with the amount of people and being the center of attention.

We went home, opened his presents, and Katie, Christina, and Ashlie and her family joined us for a few hours.

This was his favorite present, kinetic sand from my friend Tiffany. 
Happy Birthday sweet boy!
He's already telling me that his birthday is coming up soon and he will be four! Slow down buddy, Mama is not ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!