August 13, 2021

4th of July

We hosted our first 4th of July party this year and it was a blast! The boys had been looking forward to it for weeks and Fox asked me almost every day how many more days until the party.



My first attempt at jello shots. I was a little nervous about them, but they were gone by the end of the night, so I guess they weren't that bad?

The only kid who will still take a picture with me.



I don't think I've ever had this many people in my pool at the same time. I got this inflatable water slide for Fox's birthday, but the kids just wanted to use it as a boat the entire time.




I was really nervous about my BBQ grill, because I hadn't used it in three years, and Katie told me it was too dangerous for me to even try (the ignitor is broken). Luckily I had some great friends who took the job as grill master very seriously and saved dinner! 


I remember this moment here so vividly. We were all just chatting, the kids were all so happy playing with each other, and I told my friends how this is (they are) my happy place. I am lucky!



All the kiddos lined up for some sparklers in the front yard.




It was a perfect day with some of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!