June 07, 2021

Creek Adventures

It was a super hot day back in the spring, but we decided to venture out for a little hike and to play in the creek. 

We've been to this particular creek twice before, with our friends Kristy and Jake. It's about 40 minutes from my house and she had told me that it was completely dried out, but we took a chance, and were surprised that there was some water after all. 
Finn was super excited to play in it, and even weeks after we went, he still talked about it and told me he wanted to go back. 





Fox and I ventured out for a little bit exploring and using all of the rocks in the creek as stepping stones. My friend was watching Finn in the meantime, and I loved having some special time with just Fox.





There was a lot of algae in the water, and Fox kept calling it "allergy"...ha!


Finn had fun throwing rocks in the water and making big splashes.


We went for a short hike after we played in the creek, but it was really hot, and Finn had no interest in walking by himself whatsoever. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the end of the day, but it was a good workout. 


It's way too hot now in Phoenix to go hiking and I miss it already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!