June 22, 2021

Egg Smash 2021

This was our fourth annual egg smash, and Finn's first time participating. I wish we could've done it with Kristy and Jake like we have in previous years, but unfortunately they weren't available. I'm not sure if I will ever get sick of these pictures, I always love how they turn out and I probably will have the boys do them for me until they refuse. 

Finn caught on quickly and was really into it.



The preparation and clean up for the egg smash always takes about ten times longer than the actual smash, but it's still worth it.

I always get a lot of questions on facebook when I post these pictures, so here is the run down. I collect eggs weeks ahead and just make a small hole in the top (about half an inch) and then wash them out with hot water and let them air dry. Just fill them with acrylic paint, get some canvases and let the kids go to town. Make sure they wear old clothes, because the paint can splatter everywhere.




Fox's masterpiece!

I also used some smaller canvases and put a big bunny sticker on the top and let them splatter that canvas as well. Once the paint was all dry, I took the sticker off and it turned out pretty well.


All of the finished pieces! The big pictures hang in each of their bathrooms and I kept the smaller bunny ones as future Easter decorations. 
Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!