June 13, 2021

Bedroom Update

This project took me way longer than I thought it would be and unfortunately I don't even have any "before" pictures. 
When Katie left, I slowly started to make changes around the house, mostly little things like swapping out pictures and installing an art wall for Fox's paintings. I knew that I needed to have a different vibe in my master bedroom, because it didn't feel great to be in there after the divorce, but I couldn't afford to buy all new furniture, so I kept my furniture and changed everything else. 
I saw this wall paper on instagram and immediately fell in love. You either going to love it or hate it, so let me know what you think! 

I had the bedroom painted, installed new baseboards, and then had the wallpaper professionally installed, because I was way too intimidated by doing it myself and possibly messing up. We never had a seating area in the bedroom, I still wonder if I should've gone with a couch instead, but I liked how the color of the chairs matched the wallpaper, so this is what I got.


I knew I wanted some "jumping on the bed" pictures for my bedroom, so I set up a photoshoot with our photographer back in January 2020 (yes, this project went on for a long time, it actually started in July 2019) and I purchased the prints from smallwoods.com. 

I also added area rugs, curtains, the mirror, new bedding, pillows, shelves, and new lights. It felt like a fresh breath of air once it was all done and most of all, it felt like MY space. The process of being able to pick out every single item by myself, without having to ask for permission, was incredibly powerful and healing to me, especially when I started this room in the middle of our divorce back in 2019. And now that it's done, I can move on to something new...we'll see what that will be! 

4 comments:

  1. Ich finds super, passt perfekt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Nadine. It's such beautiful wall paper. We just finished decorating the master and created a seating area too, which I can tell you, you'll absolutely LOVE (here's a link https://theroybals.blogspot.com/2021/05/master-bedroom-gs-cozy-corner.html)

    I'm soooo into home décor these days, so if you do more redecorating, be sure to post pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!