June 10, 2021

Beach Trip

Every time I went to Long Beach with the boys, I always thought how fun it would be to come there by myself one day. To just relax, sleep and take long walks on the beach. At the beginning of March, I had a 3 day weekend, so I made it happen.

I took one of my friends, and one our first day there, we took a 3 mile bike ride down to the boardwalk and had the biggest funnel cake and ice cream. It was so good!


We came home, took a long nap, picked up some dinner and watched the sunset. It was lovely.

My mother in law wasn't home, so we had the entire house to ourselves. I even slept in her bed (with permission of course) and had the windows open to see and hear the waves crashing all night. It was amazing. 

During our second day we took a VERY long walk to Retro Row, which is a street in Long Beach that has a lot of antique shops. It was an eight mile round trip, but I loved every second of it. The weather was amazing, we had brunch on the way, and the company was great as well. 
I took another nap when we got home, followed by dinner and watching "Good Girls" for hours.
It was such a great trip, full of self care and relaxation. I'm hoping to be able to do this again sometime this summer. It's super fun to take my boys to the beach, but sometimes it's also very nice to go alone. 

1 comment:

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!