November 21, 2019

Camping

Camping Trip #2 for the year was much different than camping trip #1. Mostly because of this guy right here...

He was into everything! Last time he wasn't able to move at all, so I could literally plop him somewhere and he was safe. Or carry him in the Ergo for hours at a time and he was chill as can be. Not this time around. He wanted to explore, eat sand, pick up any stick he could find and be part of the big kids. 

We were camping with about 6 other families at a different campground near Sedona. After our last trip, we had bought our own tent and fortunately a few of the dads helped me put it up. Not that I wouldn't have been able to figure it out, but trying to watch two little boys near a creek while putting up a tent seemed a little daunting. 

I swear, this is the only reason Fox wants to camp...he just comes for the s'mores! 

Weirdly enough, he got really scared when it got dark and even wanted to go home. We went into our tent around 8pm and both boys were passed out within minutes.


Who can spot Finn? I brought this play pen to contain him for short periods of time and that's really all I got, because he was way too busy getting into everything and didn't want to stay in there. 



The big kids were always busy digging something up, doing treasure hunts and running around the campground.



And this boy just LOVES being outside. When we are home, he always goes to the sliding door that leads in the backyard, begging to go out. He was in heaven.


They all love to play with him and he loves the attention.




We drove about 30 minutes and took a little hike to a different creek. Fox begged me to go in with him and I was grateful for my friends who offered to watch Finn in the meantime. I really enjoy when we get to spend some special one on one time together, because it's so rare, but I know it means just as much to him as it does to me. 




Love these ladies so much!


I wanted a family picture with my boys, but Matthew wanted to be in it, so that's me with my three kids...lol!


He was seriously so easy going, just happy to sit in the dirt with a shovel and eat some rocks every once in a while. Kidding. Kind of.

And then there was the mud puddle. Jake and Fox dragged out buckets full of creek water to make the best mud pit ever.



I should probably mention that our campground didn't have any showers or even bathrooms, so we had to clean them up in the creek. That's why we only camp for two nights...haha.



When my mom was visiting, she told me that I don't let my kids be kids and get dirty. This statement was based on one morning before school when Fox wanted to jump into puddles at school and I didn't let him because I didn't want him to sit in wet shoes and clothes all day. So hopefully the following pictures will convince her otherwise. 




Point made.


You can always count on Marcela to have some kind of craft or activity lined up for the kids.



My little mischievous guy.

Even though Fox had told me after the first night that he wanted to go home the next day, he had changed his mind during the day because obviously he couldn't miss the s'mores!

Both boys slept pretty soundly in the tent and so did I. It was actually super cozy and also not too cold during the night. But after the second night Fox declared that he had enough and wanted to go home, so we left that morning after a quick hiking adventure.

1


This is how Finn felt about leaving...grumpy old man!
I liked the first campground much better than this one, and I think we will go back there next summer. It was a short trip and a lot of work, but I'm glad we went and made the memories with our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!