July 08, 2021

Tents by the tracks

For the first time, our local train park put on an event called "Tents by the tracks". I asked my friend Tilly if she wanted to join us for a night under the stars and it ended up being so much fun.
Everyone brought their own tents, but the park provided everything else, from dinner, snacks, an outdoor movie with popcorn, unlimited train and carousel rides, to breakfast in the morning. It was perfect.

It wasn't my weekend with the boys, but I asked Katie if I can just have Fox for a special night out.


We all shared a tent, the boys played their heart outs and we had dinner at sunset.

Only one of the kids wanted to ride the train, and no one wanted to ride the carousel, but we suckered the big boys into riding the train with us.



The kids ended up just wanting to play on the playground until 11pm that night, which is when it was "lights out" and everyone had to go into their tents. 
I really loved the experience, and so did Fox. I hope they will do this again this fall/winter, because I would love to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!