July 20, 2021

Fox's 7th Birthday

And now he is seven! How did that happen so fast? There is not an ounce of little kid left in him and he already refuses hugs or kisses, but will hold my hand every once in a while. Seeing my kids grow up is one of the hardest parts of parenting for me.
He didn't wake up at my house on the day of his birthday, so I brought him a muffin when I picked him up from Katie's house to drive him to school. 

After school we just opened some gifts and had cupcakes at our house, just the three of us.





This is his "Stop taking so many pictures" face.

That night, we met some of the family at one of his favorite restaurants for dinner, Red Robin. 

I asked him this year if he wanted to have a party with all of his friends, or a special outing to the Great Wolf Lodge with just one friend, and he chose the Great Wolf Lodge. I was kind of relieved to not have to plan a party, but we made sure that we celebrated with the family nonetheless. 

My sweet baby is a big kid now. I know time will fly by just as it has in the last seven years, and all of the sudden he will be a teenager. Don't blink!
7 things about Fox:
- He weighs 50 lbs and is 48 inches tall
- The only two things he plays with at home, is a math game on his school laptop, and his lego station, where he builds and role plays all day long.
- This year he really started to become opinionated about what he wears and how we cut his hair. He actually said that he wants to grow it out, so that's what we've been doing. I can't wait to see how long it will get before he wants to cut it.
- He always has been, and still is, the pickiest eater. He is all about carbs and sugar. His favorite is In n Out where he orders a plain grilled cheese, french fries and a vanilla milk shake.
- He has lost 6 teeth. 
- While he is very athletic, he does not want to participate in any kind of group sport, like soccer or baseball. 
- He is a total homebody, and rather stays home all day and plays vs. going to play places or friends houses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!