July 23, 2021

Fox's Birthday Celebration

For his birthday celebration this year, Fox opted to have a sleepover with his best friend at the Great Wolf Lodge instead of having a big party. These boys hadn't seen each other since October, but it didn't take long for them to catch up and be as crazy as ever. 

Jake had never been to the Great Wolf Lodge, this was Fox's third time, and both boys had a blast.



After we went swimming for a few hours, the boys dug into the birthday cake. The Mamas were already exhausted, even though I had left Finn with Katie. They had so much energy!


We had a nice dinner together, before letting the boys play at the resort. 


The Magic Quest game is always a big hit.


We also visited the mine for the first time, which really was a mirror maze.



Next up was the ropes course. The boys did so great. Last August I went on it with Fox and he was terrified. This year he was super confident and even cheered on his buddy when he got scared. I could hear him yell from the top "You got this Jake! Good job!"



We played some arcade games as well and probably spent like $20 for the boys to win some candy. That's how it always is, right?


Fox with all of his prizes, he only wanted twizzlers.

We had some ice scream, watched a movie in the room, and the boys definitely stayed up longer than I did.



The next morning, we got some donuts and then returned to the water park for a couple of hours.



This is his "why do you keep taking pictures of me?" face.




The boys were so sad when it was time to go.

We all decided that this was the best way to celebrate all of our birthdays from now on. I'm curious to see what he will decide next year, but I have a strong feeling that it will be a resort stay with just one friend again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!