July 11, 2021

April 2021 iPhone dump

For April Fool's day I made some tasty (brussel sprout) cake pops for the boys.

They were so excited, but couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with them...haha.

I swear, this little play area is the only reason Fox wants to go to the aquarium.


He was so proud of his fort and didn't want to leave.


Finn and I took a lot of walks with friends this spring...I miss that so much right now.




We were about to go to dinner and he starts to pack himself a “little” dessert for after. He tells me that he gets to eat all of the candy if he eats all of his dinner.
Not sure how to break the news to him that that wasn't going to happen...

These are the days I’ll never take for granted. Being able to spend the morning with Finn and some of my favorite people at the train park instead of an office means everything to me. Living my best life (and I’m pretty sure Finn is as well)!



All that playing wore him out!

He's been loving the zoo and keeps asking me to go back. Unfortunately it's already 100 degrees out at 8am, so we will have to wait until October to return.


We invited some friends over to come swim!

I purchased a membership to Butterfly Wonderland, since it's right next to the aquarium. Fox likes to go every once in a while, but when he's in school, Finn and I go all the time.



Playing hide and seek with big brother.

Got myself a little early birthday present...this project was on my wish list for the last 7 years and I’m so excited that the boys have a better play area and I have a prettier backyard!



Another visit to the zoo.


He's my cuddle bug.

Pineapple is one of his favorite lately.

My mom send him this little basketball hoop for the bathtub, but since we already have one, we decided it would be a great addition for his car seat. 

Ice cream date with my best boys!






Outdoor movie night...kind of. They were running around and playing, while Mama watched the movie. I kept wondering if they’d notice if I put one of my shows on instead.





He's finally starting to play with other kids and it's so cute to watch.

This blanket was my 2020 Quarantine project.

I woke up one night and found them like this!

We had a playdate with my friend Lindsay and her daughter who is the same age as Finn.

I got this ring for Katie for Mother's Day, but I think I should order one for myself too, I love it.

This was a gift I gave Katie's girlfriend for Mother's Day. While I don't (want to) see her as a mom to my kids, she's definitely taking on an amazing parenting role with them and I'm grateful for her. If you would've told me that I think like this two years ago I would've called you crazy. I've come a long way.

More fun at the train park with some friends.









After we left the train park, I found this note on my car. I love love love my friends!

He climbed the tree in our yard for the first time by himself and then couldn't come back down.


We met some friends at a playground one afternoon and my little sidekick is always up for taking a picture with me.


I have tons of pictures of Fox in weird sleeping positions...this one is my new favorite.

Another day at the zoo with friends.





Watching the bees at Butterfly Wonderland.

When did he become such a big kid?

The day after my second Covid vaccine was rough. I don't remember ever feeling this sick. Luckily I was able to drop off Finn with Grandma while Fox was in school, and my sweet friend Marcela brought over some food for me.


We ventured out to a new splash pad and the kids had a blast!

And that wraps up the month of April!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nadine,

    Den nächsten Blog Eintag von Fox's Geburtstags Interview kann ich nicht lesen. Da wird mir nichts angezeigt.
    Liebe Grüsse aus Asperden Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine,

    Den nächsten Blog Eintag von Fox's Geburtstags Interview kann ich nicht lesen. Da wird mir nichts angezeigt.
    Liebe Grüsse aus Asperden Monika

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!