January 12, 2022

October iPhone dump

Wrapping up our very busy October!
Confession: I hate play-doh. It always gets everywhere, dries out because my kids don't put it away, and I now hide it from Finn, so he doesn't even get the idea to want to play with it. 

Reading books with Grandma

I didn't know until this year that there was such a thing as Halloween gingerbread houses. Finn saw it at the store and was all about it, in fact, he asked to buy five more after he finished the first one. 


I think it's all about the frosting for him.



Zoo trips with my little guy have been so much fun.


We spent about 2.5 hours in the car each day, driving to school and back, and sitting in car line. He often falls asleep on the way to school in the afternoons, which means late nights for me. 

I got a great deal on this hammock and Fox has been loving it.

Painting a pumpkin for Mommy's birthday.

Playdates with our friends at the park.

Simon has chickens at home and is really good at catching them, so he showed Finn how to catch some pigeons. Finn thought it was really cool, but was scared at the same time.



Fox said "This is the biggest french fry in the entire world!"

My favorite Halloween house in Phoenix. It's synchronized to music, so we just sat on the curb and watched the magic. 




Some nights I try to kill two birds with one stone, and have Fox read to Finn for his daily reading he has to complete for school.

I treated myself to this chandelier for my Master Bathroom and I couldn't love it more. It took forever to install, since the first one I received was broken, and hanging all the crystals from it took me quite a while, but I love how it turned out. Next up is painting the bathroom!

The main reason I have been so absent from this blog was that my Etsy shop blew up for a couple of months, in the best way possible. I created an elf on the shelf kit, that included 30 activities for the elf to do every day, to make it easier for busy parents. I didn't think it would be this popular and I ended up working 12-14 hours a day for 6-8 weeks until I had to inactivate the listing, because I wasn't able to keep up with the orders anymore. I really enjoyed putting the kits together, but in the end I had some amazing friends come over every single day to help me because it got overwhelming. I'm excited to put the 2022 kit together now, that I have more time to prepare for it. 
And shout out to my awesome mailman, who picked up loads and loads of packages from my house each day.

We went to a haunted house with our friends. I had taken Fox there last year and it was pretty scary for him (and me), even on the "kid friendly" night. I asked him before we went if he would like to try again, and he said he would think about it. I assured him that it was absolutely okay if he didn't feel like it. When we got there, all of his friends were super excited to go in, and tried to convince Fox to join them. He stood his ground and said no, despite all of the peer pressure, and I was so very proud of him. Finn on the other hand couldn't be stopped, so I took him in while my friend stayed out with Fox. Finn loved every second of it, and kept asking to go in again and again...I think it's so funny how different my kids are. 

Stuck in a tiny hay maze with my favorite tiny kid.

I was able to join Fox's class Halloween celebration and loved seeing him with his classmates, how he interacts, and getting to know some of his friends that he has talked about for months.

Pumpkin Painting with friends...probably our last year, because the big kids were only interested in playing on the playground. I remember sitting at the park with my friends, and both boys were happily playing with friends, and I felt like I had finally arrived to the place where I can just sit down and watch them. It felt nice. 

We went to our first trunk or treat at Fox's school.

Fox immediately found his best friend from school and went off with him, while Finn and I were on a mission to find sour patch kids for him.

Until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!