January 15, 2022

Disneyland

This trip was a HUGE milestone. Not because it was our first Disney trip since the pandemic, but it was our very first blended family trip. Katie and Christina invited me a few months ago to join them and the boys, and while I was a little nervous about it, I was incredibly happy that they invited me. Oh how far I've come. 

Katie took Fox to build a light saber in Star Wars World.


The last time Katie and I took the boys to Disneyland was about two days after she had told me that she wanted a divorce. It was weird, it was awkward, it was a very sad trip, knowing, that this was our last family trip together. So our trip now definitely felt like a full circle moment.

Neither of my kids like characters, but Finn was okay watching from afar. 


Fox had no interest in taking any pictures whatsoever. 

This was the Jungle Cruise ride.

Finn usually doesn't take naps anymore, and I don't know how Katie did it, but he agreed to take a nap in the stroller. While he was snoozing, we rode some big kid rides with Fox.

Don't worry, we didn't leave Finn by himself, my friend Allison also joined us for this trip and she was watching him.



I was excited for Finn to see the parade, and his reactions did not disappoint.




We rode the haunted mansion three times, Finn claimed it was his favorite ride.

While waiting for the fireworks, Finn entertained everyone around us with his bottle flipping skills. It was so funny, they all cheered him on and clapped for him when he got it.

Back on the second day for more fun!









It's not the family picture I had envisioned, but I'm grateful for it now.





It was a good trip. It didn't feel weird or awkward, and I think the boys really liked seeing all of us together. My hope for the future is that we can take more trips like this and keep being great co-parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!