September 02, 2021

Fox's Quotes

When I wrote down all of Finn's funny two year old quotes, I realized that I had taken notes on my phone over the last three years for Fox as well, but miserably failed to post them. So in order to get this into my blog book, we are going back in time, so I can always remember my cute and funny four-, five-, and six-year old! 

July 2018 (4 years old)

“The baby’s name shouldn’t be Finn, it should be Jax. Or Jett. Or Fireball! Do you like the name fireball Mama?”


I told him my finger hurts because I burned myself. He said: "It almost makes me cry when you hurt...almost!"



August 2018 (4 years old)

"I’m smoking you (at Candyland). Are you choking on my smoke?"


"How do I get my own TV show like Ellen? Will you miss me when I’m inside the TV?"



September 2018 (4 years old)

I gave him some fake jewels and he said:

“Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you so much now..more than I usually did. This is the coolest thing of all times!”



October 2018 (4 years old)

Fox: "I’m going to put my shirt on backwards so I have a new place for buggers!" 


"Mama, I’m losing all my patience with you!" (I took too long to get ready)


"Mama, you are bothering me!" (Took too long again)



November 2018 (4 years old)

He made a wish at the Disneyland wishing fountain and wished for another baby ...and a monster!


I didn’t give him my water bottle two minutes from home: "You’re making me unhydrated!"


I said in the car: "Don’t be so loud, Finn is sleeping." 

Fox: "Don’t be such a drama queen, he’s already awake."



December 2018 (4 years old)

"Mama, I always want you to be fancy free. That means happy!"


“My Christmas tree is a person. I can talk to him, but only me. He told me his birthday is December 1st and his name is Jack Frosting!” ðŸ˜‚



January 2019 (4 years old)

Fox: "Finn's head is so cute!"

Me: "Your head is so cute, too!"

Fox: "No, my head is gorgeous!"


I was teaching Finn to say “up please”.

Fox: "No, you need to use a whole sentence: Can I get up please?"


"Mama I love you so much more than I’m supposed to, because you’re so cozy!"


"I want an oatmeal bath today. You know why? Healthier skin, healthier us!"



February 2019 (4 years old)

Katie: "If mama is not funny, what is she?"

Fox: "A cow!"


"Mama, yesterday when I got hurt, and my favorite part of Abby Hatcher came on, I didn’t even smile because I was still thinking of my ouie."



March 2019 (4 years old)

"Mama, you’re not my friend. You’re my best friend!"


"You’re the best mama ever, because you make me cookies and you fill up my water and I wouldn’t even have a good life without you!"


We drive by this apartment complex every day and they have different colored balloons out front depending on the holidays. They just changed them to green and Fox asked what holiday is coming up. I said St. Patrick’s Day and he asked “Is that for all the people who know Grandpa Patrick?” ðŸ˜‚


He calls In n Out the French fry store 



April 2019 (4 years old)

Fox saw a man smoking in his car next to us at a red light. "Is that guy cigaretting? He’s a sick man!"



May 2019 (5 years old)

"How would you feel like if you’re hungry at night and you couldn’t eat? Because that’s how you treat me every night!"


Fox: "I will be the leader of Jake, Wyatt and Wesley." 

Me: "What does a leader do?"

Fox: "Keeps them save." 

Me: "Okay, you can be the leader then." 

Fox: "They also have to do what I say, but it’s not going to be that bad."



June 2019 (5 years old)

Fox: "Finn is cute."

Me: "You’re cute too."

Fox: "No I’m not cute, I’m gorgeous. Next level gorgeous!"


Fox ate French fries and I said I was jealous. “Mama, if you’re jealous that means you have a black soul” 


"When I was born, I didn’t know I would have this good of a life!"



July 2019 (5 years old)

Its dinner time. He said I ruined his day. I said: "I’m just a terrible mother!" and he replied: "Not every day you are!"


Me: "How did I get two handsome boys like this?"

Fox: "Because you used to be handsome!"

Me: "Oh, so I’m not handsome anymore?"

Fox: "Just a little bit."



September 2019 (5 years old)

I asked Fox if he knew that Christmas was Jesus’ birthday. He said: "Wait a minute, is that why we are getting presents? Maybe the presents are Jesus’ party favors. That’s the best party ever."



October 2019 (5 years old)

Me: "I have migraine." Fox hugs and kisses me and says "I think a hug is just what you needed! I feel sad that you’re hurting, I hope you feel better soon."



December 2019 (5 years old)

Fox wants crystals for Christmas then he said "Actually, I already have something better than crystals." I asked what that was and he said "you".



January 2020 (5 years old)

Fox was trying to explain to me that he wanted me to buy him a certain kind of candy that he had at Katie's house. He kept calling it "Sour but sweet for kids" and it took me a while to figure out that he meant Sour Patch Kids.



March 2020 (5 years old)

"It’s too bad Mamas have to do all the work but they don’t even get a birthday for that."



April 2020 (5 years old)

Fox was pranking me all morning on April's Fool's Day and kept yelling “Valentine’s prank” every time after he did it.


"I don’t know about you but I feel pretty special that I get to spend this time with you."



June 2020 (6 years old)

Fox was talking about a picture in his room and how it reminds him of a time where Katie still lived with us. I asked him if he wished that she was still living with us and he said yes, followed up with:

"Besides, Mommy already found a replacement for you and that replacement is Christina. Why haven’t you found a replacement yet?"



August 2020 (6 years old)

His teacher was giving an example about the word sad while they were doing distance learning on Zoom: I was sad on Saturday because we didn’t get to have a zoom call.

Fox: "That is so not me!"


Fox was building a fort. “It’s still under instruction” (instead of construction)



October 2020 (6 years old)
Me: "After school let’s go to the Dollar store and you guys can pick out whatever you want."
Fox: "Anything I want, no matter what I choose?"
Me: "Yep!"
Fox: "Let’s go to Target for that!"


We are at the playground. Fox tells stranger lady: 
"Today is my mom’s birthday!"
Lady: "Oh yea? Did you tell her happy birthday?"
Fox: "No. I’ll do it tonight. She’s my bossy mom."
Kid points to me and asks Fox: "Is that your mom?"
Fox: "Yes, that’s my mom. I have two moms. She’s not the bossy one!"

The boys went to Sea World with Katie. After he returned, Fox told me: "There was something I didn’t like about Sea World. You weren’t there!"

1 comment:

  1. June 2020 (6 years old) made me sad.
    October 2020 (6 years old) sounds VERY familiar. :)
    Love these kind of posts.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!