September 13, 2021

Fox's first day of 2nd Grade

Welcome to second grade! Say what? I feel like I just dropped him off for his first day of preschool, but again, time is a thief. 
This year's meet the teacher event was especially exciting, because Fox's school got torn down and completely re-built during Covid and this was the first opportunity for parents to see the new campus. It was absolutely gorgeous!

Funny (or not so funny) side story: Katie and Christina (Katie's girlfriend) met us at the meet the teacher event. Katie took the lead and introduced us as Fox's three moms. I don't think I have felt this uncomfortable in a long time. The teacher looked confused and said something along the lines that you can never have enough moms. We went to find Fox's desk and I still felt very uneasy about the introduction. Not because she introduced Christina as a mom, but in my mind the teacher now thinks that we are polygamists. Apparently Christina felt the exact same way, because she immediately brought it up to Katie as soon as we are out of ear shot. Katie thought it wasn't a big deal, but I was very grateful that Christina decided to go back to the teacher to somewhat clarify this parenting set up we have going on. 

This is how Fox felt about school starting again.

On his actual first day of school, parents were allowed to walk their kids into the classroom, but apparently we are way too cool for that already, and Fox asked to walk by himself. I can't say that his independence didn't hurt my heart just a little bit...haha. 
We always get ice cream after the first day of school.



He has changed so much in the last year, he is such a big kid now. I'm not sure if it's the longer hair (he wants to grow it out...I can't wait to see how long it will get before he asks for a hair cut), but he looks like a totally different kid to me now. 
Initially I wasn't ready for him to go back to school and summer break to end, but the routine has been great for all of us and Finn and I have been able to spend a lot of special time together. 
Fox doesn't love school and the homework that comes with it, but he has made some friends in his class already and also has some old friends from first grade in his class. 
I hope this big kid has a great school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!