June 27, 2023

Fox's 9th Birthday

Nine years of being a mom to this awesome kid...it's hard to believe! Halfway to adulthood...I'm not ok!


Katie and I asked Fox for months what he wanted to do for his birthday. Have a party? Go somewhere special with just one friend? We threw so many ideas at him, but he couldn't decide. All he knew was that he wanted to have a sleepover with his best friend.

His actual birthday fell on Mother's Day this year, and Katie offered to host a family BBQ to celebrate him.




I guess this is a Jones family tradition, but Fox didn't see it coming. Fortunately he was a good sport about it.



I had found a Harry Potter escape room, and suggested it for Fox to do as an activity with his friends. He invited his two best classmates, and Katie, Christina, and I took the boys...we figured that we definitely needed some adults to escape...let's just say Christina and I carried the team haha!
And we did, with just a couple of minutes to spare. They all had a blast, including Finn! After the escape room, Fox got to have his special sleepover with his friend, just like he wanted, and I heard they stayed up until 3am. 
Next year we are hitting double digits...I'm not ready!
Happy Birthday Fox!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!