June 21, 2023

Easter Weekend at Universal Studios

Fox has loved Harry Potter for over a year now. He has read the books many times, and watched all of the movies, so I've really been wanting to take him to Harry Potter world at Universal Studios. We invited Katie, her fiancee Christina, and my friend Allison to join us as well.
I think he bought three of these "liquid luck potions", he couldn't get enough.


We went into Ollivanders to purchase a wand for the boys, and Fox got picked during the want fitting demonstration, which was really cool. The wizard asked him to try different wands, but every time he did, something bad happened, thunder went off, things were flying off the shelves, the lights flickered...but eventually the right wand chose him, and I loved seeing Fox still believe in the whole thing. 

After the demonstration, Fox helped his brother to pick out a wand as well.

They have a lot of stations throughout the park where the kids can activate certain things by using their wand, and all of the staff members were so helpful and sweet.




My favorite part about Universal Studios is the Studio tour, and Finn looks exactly how he was feeling about it...he hated it. He still talks about it to this day.

Obligatory blended family picture...oh how far we've come!


Even at dinner, he couldn't stop reading!




After dinner, the other adults took Finn back to the hotel, so Fox and I could have a special night.

All he wanted to do was to go back to Harry Potter world, we rode some rides, and it was such a special time together.


Back to Honeydukes for more candy!

The next day was Easter, and we did a little Easter egg hunt in the hotel room.




Finn really wanted to go to the beach, he had talked about it for months, so even though it was freezing, we went for a little bit before driving home, and he was so happy.



And Fox is still wearing his robes!
It was a quick trip, but I absolutely loved seeing Fox have so much fun. I'd really like to take him to Universal Studios in Florida next, but I might have to save up for that trip first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!