October 22, 2020

Finn's Second Birthday

When Fox turned two, we had a huge birthday party with tons of friends. But due to the pandemic, that wasn't a option for Finn's second birthday. I know it's no one's fault, but it creates a lot of mom guilt for me. I hosted a small family celebration on his actual birthday, July 31st. He loves to play basketball, so he loved all of the decorations. 


We started the day off with some cupcakes for breakfast! I think big brother was more excited about it than anyone else. 





I got him a bathtub basketball hoop and it was his favorite gift. He immediately wanted to take a bath and stayed in there for a while. We insisted on taking another bath later that day and when it's your birthday, you get whatever you want to! 





Grandma Sandie made Finn a baseball cake, isn't she so talented?




Sneaking a bite while we were singing happy birthday!

He was ready to dig in, but told me for days after how the basketball cake was yucky, because he initially took a bite out of the fondant, which we later pulled back and let him eat the real cake. 





I invited Katie and her girlfriend as well, and while I also took a picture of them with the boys, it's not a reminder I need on this blog. Nonetheless, I'm glad they came and that we are able to have family celebrations together. 


I think Finn had a great time and loved all the attention. I can't believe my baby is two and not really a baby anymore. I know I keep saying that and will probably continue to do so for the next few years. If I could just keep them little for a little while longer. 
Happy Birthday Finn!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Finn!
    So happy that you were able to celebrate with family including your ex.
    I have been following along forever but have trouble figuring out who is who in your pictures: Are the man with the baseball hat and white shirt / woman in pink and the man in plaid/ woman with the birthday hat the boys' grandparents?
    -Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the first picture is Katie's mom and stepdad, the second picture is Katie's dad and stepmom!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!