October 25, 2020

Great Wolf Lodge

I always strive to make special time with just Fox, because I feel he often gets left behind since Finn needs so much of my attention. On the last day of summer break, I asked Katie if I could have him (it was her weekend with the kids) and I surprised him with a staycation at the Great Wolf Lodge. 
We had never been there, but I was just as excited as him to check it out together.

If you know Fox, you know that he loves sleeping in hotels. I remember taking him on a cruise when he was just 1.5 years old and all he wanted was to stay in the room. This continued on every trip we went on...when he was two we took him to Disneyland and he claimed for months after, that his favorite part of the trip was the hotel room. 

This was the view from our room, we got there right at check in and I asked him if he wanted to go to the water park, but he claimed he just wanted to stay in the room...ha! 

We made it to the water park and it was amazing!



I loved going down the water slides with him and having that special time with just him, we had so much fun!



We spent about two hours in the water park and then decided to check out the rest of the hotel. They had a magic quest game there that we played for a few hours. We had to go on special missions and find things around the hotel, I probably got 10,000 steps in that day, just by playing this game. 


Before the pandemic started, Fox and I had plans to have a special day with just us that we called "yes day". Unfortunately it never happened, so I told him this would be his "yes day", which meant he would get anything he wanted within reason. We had never done a Build a bear, and he wanted to do it, so my answer was "yes"...even though I was cringing to pay $50 for a stuffed animal...haha!


We did this ropes course as well, which I was very excited about, but I wasn't allowed to take my phone to take any pictures up there. Fox was really terrified at some points during the course, but he pushed through and faced his fears. I was so proud of him. 

Lollipops and ice cream was next!

I guess "Wolfie" was worth the money, because Fox really loved on him the entire time we were there and for days after. Now Finn has claimed him!


Dinner with my best kid! I don't think I ever had a sit down dinner with just him and it was really special to me. 
We played until 10pm and then went up to the hotel room. It was a super short stay, but I loved every minute of it and can't wait to take him back. He asked me if we could go there every weekend he was with Katie, but we settled on another stay around Christmas time, which I already booked and this time we'll be taking Finn as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!