October 28, 2020

First Day of School 2020

How do I have a first grader?!?!


School looked a lot different this year than it did last year. When we started distance learning in the spring, I hated it and couldn't wait for him to go back to school. Funny enough, when we were given the choice between going back in person or continuing distance learning until January, I chose to keep him home (luckily Katie had the same opinion as me).
It's been two months of this now and I have to admit, I really enjoy this, and wish we could do this all year, but I don't know if we will get the option after January. We all get to sleep until 8am every day, we stay in pajamas or comfy clothes all day, don't have to drive 20 min each way to school, plus deal with the horrendous car line. Parents are currently not allowed to walk their kids up to the gate, so everyone has to use the carline. I heard that it takes 40 minutes just to get through it and having to do this twice a day, plus driving back and forth, Finn and I would spend almost three hours in the car each day. No thank you! 
I also love having him home and Finn gets to play with his brother during breaks, which often gives me a much needed break. But more importantly, Fox didn't want to go back to regular school and preferred doing school from home, so I'm glad we were all on the same page. 

Five years of back to school pictures!

We continued our first day of school tradition by getting ice cream after school. We hadn't been there in a long time and Finn got his own cup for the very first time, which he loved (he picked bubblegum). 
It was a great start of the school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!