December 28, 2019

Friendsgiving

A week before Thanksgiving, I hosted my first "Friendsgiving". I didn't have the kids for the actual holiday and I wasn't sure if I was going to be invited to any of Katie's family, so I decided to start a new tradition and celebrate with the people who mean the most to me (besides my kids of course) and who have been my chosen family.

I provided the turkey, dessert and drinks and everyone else brought a side. It was perfect. I usually don't really like Thanksgiving food, but everything was delicious.
It was a night full of laughter and honest, unfiltered conversations. What I love about my friends is that nobody has a filter, everyone feels comfortable to speak their truth, but also gives honest feedback to their friends. There is no judgement, ever... and this night was a prime example of that. I loved every minute of it.






We all wrote down our memories from this year on these popsicle sticks and I can't wait to read them all next Thanksgiving and see how far we have come. 
I love to host parties and this one will definitely be one tradition that I want to continue for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!