March 10, 2019

Christmas in February

My friend Kristy and I are all about the holidays! We see more of each other from the time pumpkin patches open until Christmas compared to the rest of the year.
In early December Kristy got the flu and was down for the count for about two weeks. She was really bummed out because she was missing so much of the holiday season, so we vowed that we would celebrate Christmas until February to make up for it. So we did.

At the beginning of February, I received some free tickets for "Lights of the World", which really is a Christmas display, but for whatever reason open until February, so we loaded up the kids for a night of fun. 
This guy was mesmerized by all the lights and activity going on around him. He was so happy to just chill in his car seat and look around.

They had some kids rides there as well and Fox and I ventured on their huge carpet slide, which was a blast.

Fox and Jake are so crazy together! What's funny is, that no matter where we take them, they always find the most random things that they will play with forever and talk about for months to come. Like this dinosaur egg. Who cares about rides and beautiful lights, when you have a dinosaur egg to play in? They also played for about 45 minutes on those weird foot massagers that you can find at the fair, I wish I would've taken a picture. 
It also reminds me of the time we went to the Pumpkin Patch and what was most memorable to Fox about this day, is the fact that they "built a house" in some bushes there. Love their imagination!


Even though we went on a weekend, it wasn't crowded at all. Probably because people were over Christmas by then...ha!


These swings were a big hit too!


My cute sidekick. 

Obviously, this kid as a million fox items, like his overalls and hat in this picture.  Katie and I actually never purchased a lot of Fox items when Fox was born, but people kept buying them for us, so we have quite the collection of hand-me-downs. Sorry Finn!

It was a great night with some of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!