March 03, 2022

Christmas 2021

While I love Christmas time, I have to admit that I don't necessarily enjoy Christmas itself, and ever since my divorce, it's been even worse. It often feels sad, weird, and lonely, and this year was no difference.

Like every year, I went to the Christmas Eve service, which always kind of grounds me.

I didn't have my kids on Christmas eve, but I got to see them at their Great-Grandparents' house later that night. Fox found GG's secret toilet paper stash...no wonder Costco was sold out for months...haha!




We had dinner, played some games, and opened presents.

I got to take the boys home late that night, but just in time to put out some cookies and milk for Santa.

I usually invite the grandparents on Christmas morning, but decided to just spend the morning with the boys this year.





That afternoon we were invited to Katie's sister's house, where I got to meet my 3-day old niece Aila. 






It felt really good to spend some time with this side of the family, because I hadn't been invited to their Christmas for the last few years and I've really missed being with them, because we used to celebrate every Christmas together.

And of course I was in heaven, and didn't let anyone else hold the baby all day.




Fox finally got the Nintendo switch he's been wanting for months, and Uncle Brett played with him for a while.

Overall, it was a pretty good Christmas, but I hope that one day Christmas Eve/Day will feel normal again. It's definitely one of the hardest days of the year for me, but I'm grateful for what I have, and try not to dwell on the things that could've been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!