March 22, 2022

January iPhone dump

January 2022...also known as the longest month of the year, I thought it would never end. We all got Covid, but all nicely spread out, so we were home for the majority of the month. I don't do well being stuck at home with the kids, because the whining and arguing about screen time never ends, and in the end, I feel like a shit ass mom because they got what they wanted. But we made it out of it...phew!

I started off the year with a bucket list, because it keeps me motivated throughout the year.

I'm not sure what was going on here, but he's cute.

Sleepy mornings. This guy is the best cuddler ever, and I hope it will be a long time before he's too cool too cuddle with Mama.


It seems like they take turns sleeping on top of each other when they share a bed. Fox usually sleeps in his own bed because he claims that Finn is too wild of a sleeper, when in reality, it's totally him!

You know he's really sick when he takes a nap. Fox got it the worst between all of us (Katie and Christina had it as well), and luckily Finn had zero symptoms.

Big things were happening at the Jones house this January. I thought this day would never, ever come, but I'm so glad it did. If you know me, or have read this blog for a while, you know how much I love babies, and always wanted more. All of my friends knew they felt done after they had their second child, but I was just never there. I don't know what happened, but over the last few months it just clicked for me, and I felt officially done as well. That was so huge for me. So I decided it was time to go through all of the baby clothes, because I knew I wanted to make a big quilt out of some of the clothes, and then donate the rest. 

It was quite the ordeal, and felt bittersweet, but mostly sad. Katie came over one afternoon to go through clothes together and we reminisced about all the little outfits and the memories we had about them. 
And when the bags finally left my house, I felt good and at peace. 



At the end of the month we were finally able to leave the house and see our friends again, and it never felt better.


Finn and I visited the zoo while the weather is still so perfect.



Trampoline hair! After about 1.5 years of growing his hair out, Fox told us a couple of weeks ago that he is ready to get it cut. It'll be so weird to see him with short hair again, but I hope he'll love his new haircut.

Another zoo date with cousin Beckett and baby Aila. 






Finn loves doing puzzles. Fox never did, but this kid will puzzle for hours.

He also loves helping in the kitchen. On this day we made some dinner for our friend Becky, who just had surgery.
I was so happy when January was over, and while February was still pretty rough, I'm finally on a better path now (emotionally), and I'm ready for all of our spring adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!