September 05, 2019

Finn's Cake Smash

How in the world is this little love bug ONE?

This Mama was feeling all the feels, because the week he turned one, Fox also started Kindergarten. And if that's not enough, I also weaned him and my heart felt very heavy that night, since I knew it was very last time I would ever breastfeed a baby. I loved breastfeeding and I would've kept going for a while, but Katie and I had an agreement that he would start to sleep with her (on her days) once he turned one, so it had to be done. Luckily he never seemed to miss it, he hasn't tried once to latch on and has been doing great.

This baby has been my saving grace from the moment he was born. He has been the light on my darkest days, he gave me a reason to get out of bed each and every day and he has such a sweet and cuddly personality, mixed with just the right amount of mischief.

When we drove to the cake smash session, Fox and I made a bet if Finn would like his cake or not. Fox said he wouldn't like it, but I knew that Finn just had a cupcake at a party two days prior and was obsessed, so my bet was that he would love it.


He kind of just stared at it, not knowing what to do or think.

He finally touched it, but wasn't interested in tasting it at all, even though our photographer made all kind of lip smacking noises and showed him what to do.


He wasn't going to eat it.


And then he lost it. 

Fox tried to feed him the cake, but he was so upset about it.

Or maybe he was saying "Bro, this is my cake, get your hands off it!"

My photographer had asked me if Fox wanted to get into the session and when I asked him he told me absolutely not, so I wasn't going to make him. But when he saw what was going on, he couldn't wait to get into the action.


I was so proud of Fox too, because he is allergic to dairy and egg, so I drilled into him that he could touch the cake, but under no circumstance put his fingers in his mouth or taste it and he followed through and wasn't even upset about it. 

I guess Finn followed in Fox's footsteps and hated his cake smash, but the pictures are priceless anyway. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, these pictures are priceless! I have to admit that I love crying baby pics, as they are always so dang adorable. Fox is such a great big brother! Happy first birthday to your sweet boy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!