October 05, 2018

Pumpkin Patch Fun

Dear Finn,
It's officially October, which marks the start of one of my favorite months of the year. So get ready to sleep with pumpkins, lay with pumpkins, sit on pumpkins and wear pumpkins. But don't worry little pumpkin, it's a lot of fun!
Love, your holiday obsessed Mama


I've been looking forward to this all year long! We've been talking about pumpkin patches, decorating the house and Halloween costumes for months and Fox was just as excited as I was. So as soon as the pumpkin patch opened up, we met with some of our friends on a very hot Sunday morning.

We were taking pictures in their entrance area, waiting for our friends to join us, and it hadn't even been five minutes when Fox already informed me that he was hot. Welcome to October in Phoenix, son...! Unfortunately it rarely cools off for our pumpkin patch visits, even at the end of October it can still be 100 degrees out, so we braced ourselves with lots of sunscreen, water, stroller fans and wet wash cloths to keep cool.




It was a boys only playdate and man, they were so wild together! I loved watching them!

If you look closely, you may see some straw on Finn's head. The boys were throwing it down on him until we saved him.

I asked for a picture with my boys, but one of them had no interest in a family picture, the other one couldn't protest (yet).



I just love my friends! Always a blast and there's always someone that asks to hold Finn, which was a huge help!
I figured taking two kids to the pumpkin patch by myself would be a little crazy, but it was a little more work than I anticipated, because Finn had no interest in taking a nap or laying in the stroller unless the stroller was moving. I brought a baby carrier too, but since it was so hot out, I was a little worried about overheating him.




Fox claimed this train ride was the best train ride ever!



Another "family picture" without the rest of my family. When Fox and I looked through the pictures, he said about this picture "Oh, there's your family" and then the picture of all the boys together popped up and he said "Oh, and there's my family!" I later found out that him and Jake had come up with a plan to run away from all pictures and when Jake's mom asked him that night what his favorite part of the day was, he had said "Running away from all the pictures with Fox!" These boys!


Sorry dude...

Throwing some more straw on their moms!




Picking out the perfect pumpkin!



Two sweaty pumpkins 


I love a lot of things about Kristy and one of them is that we share our love for holidays and how she always loves on my boys! Okay, that's two things.

When I first found out that I was pregnant, she asked me if I was going to stick Finn in a pumpkin, like her and I did with our boys four years ago. She knows me too well...get ready Finn!

She also created this short video of our day, I love it!
We only stayed for two hours because I was a little worried about having Finn in the heat for too long, even though I kept him in the shade. We had such a great time though and I can't wait for more pumpkin patch adventures this month!

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin patch season is our favorite too! I go crazy with photos and, hate to break it to another mom but, our 8 year old still loves to play the “run away from pictures” game. Sigh.

    You managed some great shots of cuteness in those two hours!

    PS: we are in Ohio and it was still 90 degrees at the pumpkin patch this weekend. I feel you..and Fox.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!