October 24, 2018

The perfect day

You've probably heard me complain about the heat during Pumpkin Patch season for years now. Well, low and behold, we are having an unusual "cold" October and it has been simply amazing! 
After a good rainstorm, my friend Kristy and I packed up the boys and headed to one of our favorite pumpkin patches. I think this must be the fourth or even fifth year that we have taken the boys there together and I'm so glad they still love each other's company as much as Kristy and I do.


I had a last minute idea to make matching shirts for the boys and I think they looked so cute together.



The hay maze is always a big hit! Apparently Jake told Fox that there was an invisible scorpion in the maze and Fox came running out terrified.



We took the hayride to the pumpkin patch and had it all to ourselves!


Remember at the last pumpkin patch the boys had plotted to run away from all the pictures? Apparently it was so much fun last time that they had to do it again, which kind of ended up being in my favor since I was able to capture some real smiles and the fun they had together.






Hiding from the camera















Taking the train back to the farm



Kristy is always happy to get silly with the boys!






While running away from the pictures turned out to be a big hit, mining for gold must have been Fox's favorite on that particular day. I think I mentioned before that he is obsessed with all things gold, so this was right up his alley and he probably spent a good hour there.

The kids had the choice to trade all of their gold for candy at the gift shop, but Fox decided to keep his instead and still talks about this experience every day and asks to go back.

Looking for more gold!

I had planned to spend around two hours there and we ended up staying for five, nobody wanted the fun to end!

Kristy made another video of our day and I love it so much! When she sent it to me I couldn't stop smiling while watching it, I loved reliving our day and seeing the boys have so much fun together.
It was truly the perfect day, not just weather wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!