February 06, 2020

Gingerbread House Decorating Party

For years I wanted to decorate a Gingerbread house with Fox during the Christmas season. But truth to be told, Katie didn't allow it, because she was worried about his allergies, even though there are Gingerbread House kits out there that would be safe for him. And not to get off topic on this post, but one of the most freeing things about divorce was and is still to this day, to make my own fucking decisions. Hallelujah!
So obviously we needed to celebrate our first Gingerbread House Experience, so we invited some friends over to join in on the fun!

It was nothing but lovely and Fox had such an amazing time.

The kids were more interested in eating the candy, but that's okay. I'm pretty sure they were all on a sugar high, based on how they ran around the house.


Look at his poor face! After our Jingle Hike, he fell down one step, right into the dirt and busted his face up.

All of the finished houses!

And of course, he couldn't wait to try it.

I love my village. I know I keep saying it, but I will be forever grateful for them.
It was such a fun afternoon, my house was a wreck, but my heart was full!

2 comments:

  1. Those houses look BEAUTIFUL! Well done kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our boys look like twins with their injuries! Will's scab finally fell off his nose, but his lip still looks pretty bad - poor little cuties! I love the idea of having a gingerbread house making party! So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!