July 17, 2011

...and I'm hooked!

A few weeks ago I told you how I wanted to start couponing. Katie was telling me how I'm doing it all wrong, I needed a coupon binder and basically a better plan before I start spending all of our money on things we don't need. She had a point, during our first trip to the grocery store a lot of things magically made it into our cart that we usually wouldn't have bought. I guess I didn't get the concept.
Until last week, when one of my friends told me that she had been successfully couponing for the last year and shared all of her secrets with me! She didn't even stop there, the next few days she emailed me exact instructions and links on how and where to get certain items for free...I'm so grateful for good friends!
Katie remained skeptical, while I got my new coupon binder in order and excitedly told her about all of these great deals we would be scoring the next day (okay, there might have been a little happy dance involved too), she asked me about 155 times if I REALLY knew what I was doing and she had no intentions in spending more money on toothpaste, when we already had about ten tubes in our cabinet. 
Well, let me just say, that I proofed her wrong.
We bought about $90 worth of groceries for...check it out...$28! I call that a good start! 


Vor ein paar Wochen habe ich euch erzaehlt, dass ich mit Couponing anfangen wollte. Katie sagte mir staendig, dass ich alles falsch machen wuerde, ich braeuchte einen Coupon Ordner und grundsätzlich einen besseren Plan, bevor ich all unser Geld fuer Dinge ausgeben wuerde, die wir nicht brauchen. Sie hatte einen guten Punkt, während unseres ersten Trips in den Supermarkt fanden wir komischerweise eine Menge Dinge in unserem Einkaufswagen, die wir normalerweise nicht gekauft haetten. Ich denke, ich hatte das Konzept nicht so wirklich verstanden. 

Bis letzte Woche, als eine meiner Freundinnen mir erzaehlte, dass sie bereits seit einem Jahr erfolgreich Couponing betreibt und all ihre Tipps und Tricks mit mir teilte! Und das war noch nicht einmal alles, in den nächsten Tagen gab sie mir per E-Mail genaue Anweisungen und Links, wie und wo ich bestimmte Dinge kostenlos bekommen konnte ... Ich bin so dankbar für gute Freunde!
Katie blieb skeptisch, während ich meinen neuen Coupon Ordner sortierte und ihr aufgeregt erzählte was fuer super Deals wir am naechsten Tag abstauben wuerden (okay, vielleicht habe ich auch einen kleinen "Happy Dance" dabei gemacht), fragte sie mich etwa 155 Mal, ob ich wirklich wusste was ich tat, und sie hatte keine Absichten, noch mehr Geld für Zahnpasta auszugeben, wenn wir schon über zehn Tuben in unserem Schrank hatten.
Nun, lasst mich einfach sagen, dass ich es ihr gezeigt habe!
Wir haben etwa $90 in Lebensmitteln für ... Trommelwirbel ... $28 gekauft! Ich nenne das einen guten Start!

The most expensive items of our trip was probably Katie's Monster Drinks, they are usually $2.50 per can and we got them for $0.99, which is why we had to stock up. And speaking of stocking up, I bought 8 boxes of cereal for only $0.79 each. Unfortunately, our pantry is the size of a show box, so my stock pile had to move into the laundry room!

Der teuerste Artikel unseres Einkaufes war vermutlich Katie's Monster Drinks, die normalerweise $2,50 pro Dose kosten und wir haben sie für $0.99 bekommen, weswegen wir natuerlich auf Vorrat kaufen mussten! Apropo Vorrat, ich habe ausserdem 8 Schachteln Cornflakes für nur $0.79 pro Schachtel abgestaubt. Leider ist unsere Speisekammer so gross wir ein Schuhkarton, weswegen ich meine Cornflakes in die Waschkueche verlagern musste. 
We also got Nesquik for $0.19, Pringles for $0.13 each and the items below were...check it out again... COMPLETELY FREE!

Wir bekamen ausserdem Nesquik für $0.19Pringles für $0.13 pro Dose und alles auf dem Foto unten ... nocheinmal Trommelwirbel ... völlig KOSTENLOS!
Tomorrow, I'll be making a little trip to Walgreens, because apparently you can score some free Milka Chocolate there...what's not to love about that?
I love coupons!


Morgen werde ich einen kleinen Ausflug zu Walgreens machen, denn anscheinend kann man dort einige Tafeln kostenloser Milka Schokolade abstauben!
Ich liebe Coupons!

2 comments:

  1. I might need some advice here..... I tried couponing but I wasn't very successful. Which is a bummer - who doesn't want to safe money? How did you end up sorting your coupons? It's fr***g awesome to pay only $ 28.00 for grocery that's worth $ 90.00 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanja!
    I sent you an email with some tipps and tricks...hope that helps!:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!