July 03, 2023

May iPhone dump

The month of May is always so busy, and I feel like it flew by in a flash.

This was my very last preschool celebration. Fox was in preschool for three years, Finn only for one short year, so I definitely feel like we missed out on a lot, but on the other hand I got to be with him at home for much longer.
All the kids were singing songs for the parents, but Finn was being too shy. It was so funny watching him, and the minute we get in the car, he was busting out the songs!


Finals week was rough for me. We had three big exams in a week, plus 13-hour clinical days, and I had the kids every night, so it was very hard to prepare for it, but I got to spend a few hours on campus before one of the exams. I was so glad when the semester was over! I passed, but unfortunately most of my class friends did not, so I won't be moving on with them in the fall. It's going to be so sad and weird. Two more semesters to go!

Summer has begun!


One day we were passing "Salad and go", and Finn asked me to get him a salad. Say what? I've never seen him eat a salad, but I got him one, and he actually ate it. Not sure where that came from.

Tiny hands and tiny butterfly drawings.

Fox got an award at school, and I was so proud of him. He has had a rough school year, and was more than ready for summer break.


He had to prepare a presentation about Mister Rogers...let's just say he helped a little bit, and I did the rest.  I always wonder why kids are being sent home with these projects, and if the teachers know that it's actually the parents who do all the work. Or is it just me?

"Will you be my neighbor?"
He looks so handsome!



Finn needs to sleep ON me every night. I move him away many times, but he always finds his way back to me. One night, he did this all by himself, so I had to snap a quick picture. One day these nights will be gone, and I will have the entire bed to myself again.



Mother's Day pedicures with friends!

A few months ago, my sweet friend Marcela asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday this year. I told her that I’m too stressed and overwhelmed with nursing school to even think about it, and just a few hours later, she had my entire birthday planned out for me, including all me favorite things: Italian food, an escape room/obstacle course, and of course some of my best friends. I feel so lucky and grateful to have such amazing people in my life, and this night was absolutely perfect!






Fox's school hosted a wax museum, where all the kids had to present their famous person. Fox did great!


I might not work out, but somehow I managed to walk almost ten miles without even leaving the house besides school drop offs and pick ups!

The kids' school had water day, and parents were allowed to come volunteer. I always love seeing how my boys interact with their classmates, and while it was hot, it was a lot of fun.


Finn and I had a special date night with just the two of us, and he chose to get the biggest ice cream!

One of Finn's friends had a birthday party, including a gaming truck, and both of my boys loved it.


Swimming at Grandma's house with cousins.





Pre-K graduation...look at that stink face!

And these two friends are moving up to 4th grade!

The boys started Karate a few weeks ago. Neither of them wanted to, but we told them they needed to do some kind of activity, and if they didn't like it after a few months, they could move on to something else. Two of their friends attend the same class, and I think it has been so good for both of them. They still claim they don't like it, but I see them having fun, so we are sticking with it over the summer.




I watched my friend's kid one day because she had strep, and they all had fun in the pool. I love how Fox and Miranda are holding hands here.



Finn also started swim lessons a few weeks ago. Again, he didn't want to, but we made him, and he absolutely loves it now and asks to go back every day. On this day he got a special ribbon for doing awesome at swim class.






Harry Potter and hover board, two of Fox's favorite things.
And that wraps up a very busy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!