April 02, 2020

January iPhone Dump

Will I ever catch up on these? It seems like such a long time ago and looking at these pictures makes me miss going out and playdates and my friends, but we are taking this quarantine one day at a time.
At the beginning of January, we invited Grandma to go to a drive through Christmas light show.

The boys, and especially Finn, enjoyed seeing the lights that were synchronized to music and we had a great night.

Playdates with friends make every weekend better!



He used to be scared of foam pits, but now he is all about it!


Fox goes through phases where all he wants to do is build new lego sets and then he won't touch them for weeks.

Can you tell they are watching TV? Haha.


Another Home Depot workshop with friends!

The courtyard in front of the aquarium had a big kids festival set up, so we checked it out and went into the aquarium after.



He learned how to say "cheese".




Stuck in the bottom of the foam pit.

I visited a new exhibit called Wonderspaces. It was really cool and totally different from other museums I have been to. At the end, they had a really powerful exhibit called "Confessions". You can write your confession in a private booth on a wooden plaque and just drop it into a slot. There's a huge wall where all the confessions of other people are displayed and it was really sobering and even shocking to read some of them. 

My friend Tiffany and I had a zoo playdate with just the little kids.

Finn loves the petting zoo and animals in general. What I don't love about it is the fact that he also loves to pick up goat poop, so you can't take your eyes off him for a single second.

What a difference a year makes!

I don't know why, but for whatever reason Finn had a really rough time with naps this month, so I got lots of cuddles! Not going to complain!

Another playdate with friends!

I love that Fox can read books to Finn now. Finn is obsessed with books and Fox doesn't always want to read to him, but the times he does, it melts my heart.

He's been coming into my bed a lot during the middle of the night. I usually don't even hear him sneak in, but I don't mind because I love waking up to this sweet face.

We had a playdate and lunch with some friends at Uptown Jungle, Fox's favorite play place.

My friend and I signed up for an Escape the room. I knew they would put us with another group and I was cracking up when I found out who the rest of our teammates where. They were all siblings who came into town from all over the country to support their sick sister and they were simply a blast, bickering with each other all throughout the game. And we made it out!

Another day, another foam pit!

Riding around the neighborhood in style!

Katie's mom gave me a groupon for a glassblowing class and I finally did it and made a beautiful heart. It was fun, but there was a lot of waiting around, watching the other participants do their projects. The actual glassblowing part that every person got to do only lasted about 5 minutes.

Girl's Night out with some of the best! Man, I miss these girls so much!


Bubbles in the backyard!

I was able to volunteer during Fox's 100th day of school celebration and I love how excited he is whenever I show up in his classroom. 




We had lunch with the boys' grandparents one day which is always a blast. I miss them.




I love evening walks with my boys.

Fox always tries to stall bedtime and would do anything to stay up. So on this particular weekend night, I put him to work with me in my office and he even volunteered to do the laundry afterwards. 

For my friend Marcela's birthday we all met up at a book store and created vision boards, followed by lunch. 

Another beautiful day at the zoo!


Finn never wants to stay in the stroller during our walks, so a walk around the block can take more than an hour. After all, we have to inspect all the rocks, flowers, spot bunnies and try to walk up to everyone's front door.

Or just take a break in the dirt for a while.


Lindsay and I took the kids to baby gym one morning, followed by a short trip to the playground.





Another nap on Mama...sweet boy!


I saw this while scrolling Facebook and knew I wanted to do this for 2020! This year is all about being with the people I love most, self care and kicking the last year to the curb! Hopefully I can fill all the spaces by the end of the year.

Grateful for Arizona sunsets

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!