January 25, 2023

Halloween weekend

We started our Halloween weekend with a trip to the pumpkin patch, where we met some friends as well.


Finn would've stayed right there all day to play mini golf. 

Fox tried out their new tube, but Finn was too scared to try, although I think he would've loved it. Maybe next year.





He had to hug all the goats!

Later that night, the boys and I went to their school's trunk or treat.


It doesn't happen that often, but I love when they play together.

The next night, which was the Saturday before Halloween, we went to the Spooktacular hot air balloon festival. We got there right when they opened, so the boys were able to do a bunch of the slides before it got too crowded and the lines got too long.


We got slushies, had a picnic, and the boys played tag on the lawn for the longest time.

We ran into some friends at the balloon festival, so we joined them for trick or treating at the hot air balloons for a bit, before heading home.

Unfortunately Fox got sick the next day, so he wasn't able to go trick or treating with us on Halloween. Luckily, he didn't seem to mind very much, he had been nervous about "getting lost" during trick or treating and has not been a big fan of crowds lately, so he was pretty happy to stay home while I took Finn to Corinne's house for her annual Halloween party.
Finn and his friend Charlie, those two stuck together the entire night.

I didn't buy myself a costume this year, so I just dressed up as a Grandma (this is actually my Grandma's dress, shoes, and purse...she passed away in 1999). 

The candy crew!



I asked Finn if he was having so much fun, and he answered: "No...I'm hungry, my feet hurt, and I want to go home!" Haha. 

It was a good weekend with lots of friends and candy of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!