May 10, 2020

March iPhone Dump

Oh March! The month that seemed to drag on forever, but also taught us how to sit still and breathe again. 
One of the last school days for Fox...waiting in the car for the bell to ring. If you would've told me that this would be his last day, I wouldn't have believed you. 

He was so proud of his American hero project and worked really hard on it. He had to present it to his class and we practiced his presentation at home.

How did I make such a cute kid?

Cute, but mischievous! I was sitting on the floor in front of Fox's bed folding some laundry and it took Finn 30 seconds to grab the fish food, open it and dump it all over Fox's bed. 

I miss having playdates with my friends so much! On this particular day, I watched Becky's kids for a few hours and then we all had dinner in the backyard together, followed by popsicles and a treasure hunt in the dark. It was such a great night.

Finn had a little playdate too...well, it was Fox's playdate with his old school bestie, but luckily he brought along his sibling for Finn.

Ready to go outside. He loves to play in the backyard and always stands in front of the patio door begging to go out.

Books with Grandpa Patrick

I took Fox on a little one on one date in early March while he was on Spring break and I'm so glad I did. We went to Legoland and the Aquarium and we both didn't want our date to end. I hope we'll be able to do this again soon.




Being silly at lunch. My house has been such a disaster since we stay home so much, so I decided to serve as many meals outside as I could. 


I don't know how this happened, but Finn has done so great with his sleep lately (knock on wood). He used to want me stay in the room with him, holding his hand until he was asleep, but all of the sudden I could just put him down, say goodnight, and he would go to sleep all by himself. Hallelujah! 

One Sunday afternoon we picked up some gelato, had a picnic and went hiking.


Look at that chocolate face!



They have such a sweet little bond!


First week of homeschool...making diamond bracelets, that counts as art, right?

This sums it up pretty well...haha. 

One of his school assignments was to build a rocket, this is Fox's version of it.


One of the things I like about this quarantine are slower mornings. 

Finn has started to roll his eyes at us and his timing is impeccable. This kid has a big attitude and knows how funny he is.

We set up the tent in the backyard to play in and it was a big hit for several weeks. 

I miss them so much, but zoom calls are still fueling my soul and is just what I need some days when I feel down. 

Some days they are fighting like cats and some days they are playing so nicely together and having fun. 

We build a lot of forts around here.



He drew a rollercoaster.

I love when they play together without fighting or whining. 

They made a space ship.

The first couple of weeks of homeschooling were kind of exciting and different. Now we both hate it and can't wait for summer break.





When it was still cool out and we could take walks at night. Now it's 100 degrees and I'm already over it.


His shirt is on point! Haha.

I went for a social distancing walk in my neighborhood with a friend and we found this really pretty hiking trail. I've lived here for almost 7 years and never knew.




We had our first hot day in March, which was the perfect time to bust out some sprinkler toys. Finn is very timid in general, so it wasn't a surprise to me that he didn't want anything to do with it.

If you look at this picture, you probably understand why my house is never clean. 

Rolling his eyes at me again...what a stinker!

One thing I've been really grateful for this quarantine is our swing set. It was gifted to us a few years ago by Katie's mom and we've been playing on it every single day. 

Fox lost his second tooth!

And that's a wrap for the month of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!