August 16, 2019

4th of July Celebrations

We had an amazing 4th of July week this year!
This was my first official solo holiday and luckily I got to spend it with my kids. I'm very worried about the holidays I don't get to spend with them, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

My friend hosted a pre 4th of July BBQ at her new house and we had an amazing time.

Finn was so happy to play with the water table and all the big kids gave so much attention to him, he loved it. 

Seeing my kids have fun is one of the greatest joys in my life.

And seeing my friends love on my kids, is another one!


This is what summer is all about!


A few days later, my friend Kristy invited us to join them at the Princess Hotel to celebrate Jake's 5th birthday. They had booked a room there, so we were able to swim with them all day. 



I don't know if I took this picture by accident or if Fox took it, but there's something about it that I really love.

After a few hours, we walked over to their other pool for some more fun.


We went to their room to change and play for a little bit and these two superheroes jumped from one bed to the next, until one of them got hurt.

We all had dinner together and then watched a little bit of the LEGO movie by the pool, before we watched the fireworks and took all the sleepy babies to bed.
Kristy always makes everything so fun and we had the best day.


On the actual 4th of July, we went to Corinne's house for a BBQ and some more swimming.
This guy had his first ice cream sandwich, not because I wanted him to have one, but because he kept grabbing it out of my hand, so I surrendered and just gave it to him. He was a big fan.


Everyone was too tired to wait for the actual fireworks, so we had our own in the driveway before it got dark.





It was a fun week full of fireworks, friends and swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers! Leave me a note to let me know you were here!